Thread: co resigned

Default co resigned

hi ,

just got an email from my co who stated today 5/02/2018 is her last working day in INZ stating now awaiting NSC result , and the staff in INZ would contact me once the NSC result is back.

could i ask that what does that mean ? would i be assigned a new co soon ? would it slow the processing time ? would the new co re-start reviewing all my documentation from beginning ?

please share some experience /insight about changing co

thanks

would i be assigned a new co soon ?
    Yes.

would it slow the processing time ?
    No, there's no reason why it should. See next answer. However, as your case has to wait for NSC, there is a long wait ahead of you for that. INZ can't give you an outcome for your application until after NSC has cleared it, and NSC has to wait for replies about you from the foreign government wherever you used to live/work.

would the new co re-start reviewing all my documentation from beginning ?
    S/He will review it, in the sense of reading over in the file what the previous CO has already done. COs all write up what they have done as they go, and tick off each requirement that is proved to have been met. S/He will not need to do anything over again.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Yes.

No, there's no reason why it should. See next answer. However, as your case has to wait for NSC, there is a long wait ahead of you for that. INZ can't give you an outcome for your application until after NSC has cleared it, and NSC has to wait for replies about you from the foreign government wherever you used to live/work.

S/He will review it, in the sense of reading over in the file what the previous CO has already done. COs all write up what they have done as they go, and tick off each requirement that is proved to have been met. S/He will not need to do anything over again.
    thank you Jandm , you are always so helpful. according to your saying , i have no any choice but wait. Hope to get a new co assigned soon ending the waiting game

Quote Originally Posted by nzalpaca View Post
    hi ,

just got an email from my co who stated today 5/02/2018 is her last working day in INZ stating now awaiting NSC result , and the staff in INZ would contact me once the NSC result is back.

could i ask that what does that mean ? would i be assigned a new co soon ? would it slow the processing time ? would the new co re-start reviewing all my documentation from beginning ?

please share some experience /insight about changing co

thanks
    Wow! thats quite odd.
    Can you share at least the initial name of your c.o.? We might be in the same co. Iam also currently in process.
    Thank you and good luck

No, it's not odd. INZ COs are workers, too. They can get sent for training, or decide to change their job, or retire, or leave to have a baby, or because of a health problem. If this happens, then any cases that person has been working, which aren't finished yet, are redistributed to other COs of the same grade.

Quote Originally Posted by LDT View Post
    Wow! thats quite odd.
    Can you share at least the initial name of your c.o.? We might be in the same co. Iam also currently in process.
    Thank you and good luck
    hi LDT, my co is XXXX XXX from Auckland Central , was your co also resigned ? at the moment ,i havent heard anything from INZ. but it is said that , my case would be assigned to a new co once my NSC clears. i dont know if that is ture or not , also heard someone's case was allocated to a new co before his NSC gets cleard.

really confusing

Quote Originally Posted by nzalpaca View Post
    hi LDT, my co is from Auckland Central , was your co also resigned ? at the moment ,i havent heard anything from INZ. but it is said that , my case would be assigned to a new co once my NSC clears. i dont know if that is ture or not , also heard someone's case was allocated to a new co before his NSC gets cleard.

really confusing
    probably not appropriate to named (former) CO's on an open forum. PM is you must discuss.
    regardless, you wont get a decision till NSC is in hand and you have a re-assigned case officer.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    probably not appropriate to named (former) CO's on an open forum. PM is you must discuss.
    regardless, you wont get a decision till NSC is in hand and you have a re-assigned case officer.
    sorry about that ChrisM ,didnt mean it.if possible ,please delete that post .

an update : NSC back on 7/02/2018 . and also co was allocated then who requested further information from my employer. is it good news ? maybe see the shore

Named masked, as requested.

What your news means is that the NSC is not delaying you any more. Processing of your case is going on. There is no way to tell how much has been done, and how much more is still to do, though.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Named masked, as requested.

What your news means is that the NSC is not delaying you any more. Processing of your case is going on. There is no way to tell how much has been done, and how much more is still to do, though.
    thanks JandM and ChrisM , you guys are always so helpful and informative