Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: INZ forgot to do my partner's NSC after AR for 6 months

Default INZ forgot to do my partner's NSC after AR for 6 months

I am looking for some suggestions for how to deal this issue. Thank you.

My timeline

AR: 1-Aug-2017, same day return my documents. No e-mail but just a paper mixed in the documents which INDICATED my partner's NSC form had 1 year gap. It should be submitted before 20-Aug-2017. When I saw this letter, it was already 28-Aug-2017.
    I don't have documentation CO's email, I re-filled the NSC form and put it into Auckland branch drop box just like we did before.

CO assigned: 8-Sep-2017, CO asked for IRD, Payslip. NO employment check.

Check in with CO: 16-Nov-2017, CO said still under assessment.

Check in with CC: 1-Feb-2018, CC told me my NSC has returned.

Check in with CO: 5-Feb-2018, Ask CO if she could check my employment. Since I contacted with other guys that we have same CO. there are 12 applicants, 9 of them got employment check, but I have not.

CO did not answer anything about employment check. She told me my partner's NSC form is incomplete. WHAT! I was shocked. I spent 6 months waiting for my NSC. But my partner's NSC was not event submitted.

It was partly my fault that I should have submitted the NSC in the specified timeline. Yet I thought INZ might hold to submit my NSC when the other one was incapable or INZ should have submitted my partner’s NSC form after we upload it again. It seems both are out of my expectation.
    Even my CO seemed never check my case in this 5 months at all. If she did, she might find this fundamental issue.

I know a guy's NSC was failed to submitted after 6 months, then he got special quick processed.

I think it is not fair for me to wait for another 6 months, so I asked for quick path. My CO has not replied anything since this Monday.

In your situation, I would give "feedback" to the branch manager. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/contact/complaints

However, fair or unfair doesn't come into it. I think you may be told there isn't anything that can be done for fast processing. INZ do not have any control over the NSC process, which is carried out by an entirely separate department, and NSC depend for their outcome on answers they receive from the foreign government, who, often, are in no hurry to reply. Unless INZ were prepared to set aside the requirement for NSC for your partner in this situation...

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    In your situation, I would give "feedback" to the branch manager. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/contact/complaints

However, fair or unfair doesn't come into it. I think you may be told there isn't anything that can be done for fast processing. INZ do not have any control over the NSC process, which is carried out by an entirely separate department, and NSC depend for their outcome on answers they receive from the foreign government, who, often, are in no hurry to reply. Unless INZ were prepared to set aside the requirement for NSC for your partner in this situation...
    Thank you, JandM.
    I do respect to your explanation about the NSC. As a common rule, it is exactly works that. Yet, the person I mentioned got special processed on his NSC is true and it just happened around 1 month ago. His case was approved in 2 weeks after CO told him the failure NSC submission.

I will consider your suggestion. Yet I need think about it carefully before escalating it.

For the person you know, I wonder if someone senior in INZ took a decision that, just that once, in the circumstances, they could go without the NSC, because like I said, by the nature of it, depending on a foreign government, it isn't something which CAN be hurried up. And notice, that is just me, wondering. I don't know. However, if you don't let anyone know this has happened, no extra action can even be thought about by people with the power to do it.

For the person you know, I wonder if someone senior in INZ took a decision that, just that once, in the circumstances, they could go without the NSC, because like I said, by the nature of it, depending on a foreign government, it isn't something which CAN be hurried up. And notice, that is just me, wondering. I don't know. However, if you don't let anyone know this has happened, no extra action can even be thought about by people with the power to do it.
    Hi, JandM:
    I still have not committed a complaint to my CO or INZ. Yet last week, then-CO contacted me twice for gathering more information about my partner’s education and employment.
    I submitted yesterday morning. At noon I received email from another CO. She told me my case is re-assigned to her. And she attached a NSC form, asked me to provide a new NSC to her.
    I double confirmed the NSC, it is exactly what I sent to old CO on 5-Feb and there is no gap or any issue. It looks like the new CO even haven’t taken a look to it before ask me to UPDATE it.

It doesn’t make sense. I can’t understand why old CO left my case for more than 5 month without found anything is abnormal, why she routed my case without any notification. On last Friday she was asking for more information, then on Monday she just quit. Why new CO did not check the document before contact with me?

These COs I met looks not that kind of professional. Whatever the attitude and the experience. I can't stop to criticize them.

Tell the new CO it is there already! She may then be more careful about what she is doing. As I said before, if you don't tell people at INZ that something has gone wrong (the new CO for this latest action, possibly the manager about the old CO before that), they won't know, and it can't be followed up or corrected. Your displeasure at a distance can't have any effect.

A thought occurs to me... did she have any choice about quitting, I wonder?

Tell the new CO it is there already! She may then be more careful about what she is doing. As I said before, if you don't tell people at INZ that something has gone wrong (the new CO for this latest action, possibly the manager about the old CO before that), they won't know, and it can't be followed up or corrected. Your displeasure at a distance can't have any effect.

You are always right. I should have taken your suggestions earlier to save one week time. I have committed a complaint. It is not pointed to particular person. I just tell INZ they should be treat applicants more carefully.
    Thank you JandM. I have me got lucky.

Hi, JandM:
    My case was approved magically on 17th.2, Saturday. Finally, my partner's NSC was exempted so as my employment check. New CO closed my case in 5 working days.
    Today INZ received our passports. I have a tricky question to ask:
    My partner's work visa is going to be expired on 8th.3. Do I need to re-new a visit visa for her in case INZ cannot paste the Resident Visa before the expired date. Or I don't need guarantee the Visa status after INZ receive it.
    Thank you.

Locke

That's VERY good news, that at last things have gone right for you. Congratulations!

Do I need to re-new a visit visa for her in case INZ cannot paste the Resident Visa before the expired date. Or I don't need guarantee the Visa status after INZ receive it.
    This is something I would check with INZ.

Quote Originally Posted by lockekk View Post
    My case was approved magically on 17th.2, Saturday. Finally, my partner's NSC was exempted so as my employment check. New CO closed my case in 5 working days.
    Thank you, lockekk, for sharing. I have heard of several cases where NSC checks are "magically" finished and cases suprisingly shift from "stuck" to "done". If an NSC can be exempted based on the kind of clerical error you reported, there are at least *some* ways INZ can affect an NSC outcome regardless of the fact that it is supposedly out of INZ's hands.

I'm very happy to hear your result. The idea that SMC can wait for a long period of time and then "magically" approved after six months is strange. Stranger yet your case. I'm happy you were not waiting longer because of their errors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast