Thread: Sending Inz a feedback

Default Sending Inz a feedback

Good day all.... please I would love your opinion about writing a feedback on Inz website as I have been advice by the call centre that i can write a feedback if I'm not ok with their service....I applied for a partnership work visa exactly 4 months ago and I still don't even have a CO as at today......the call centre said partnership visa now takes between 4-6 months..

Pls what can I do now, should I go on and write d feedback as my visa expires in 2 weeks even though she said an interim visa would be issued. But that's not the point now will going there with my partner in person be ok
    Or should we just wait.
    Last edited by Eaglekiwi; 8th February 2018 at 09:44 PM.

You CAN write feedback. However, from what you have said, your processing is being TOTALLY NORMAL for now, and the same as hundreds (thousands?) of other people are getting, so complaining is unlikely to alter what is happening to your case.

Any timing mentioned on the INZ website, or by any INZ official, is always only their best guess, NEVER a promise. INZ work things by managed, date-order queues. Your file's turn for attention will come after all the others that were lodged before it - it can't/won't be dealt with any sooner.

Just because you haven't heard of any action on your case yet, this does NOT that INZ have been doing nothing. The time that has passed up till now has been spent by your file working its way up a long queue, while officials dealt with the others that had previously waited their turn in the same way. Your day will come, in time.

Exactly because of this situation, Interim visas now exist. INZ know it's not your fault that your situation hasn't been regularized yet. (It's not anybody's FAULT - it's just what happens when the system is horribly busy.) So you will get a visa to keep you legally in NZ until processing on your case has been done. Otherwise, under the old scheme, you would have had to leave, which I expect you would rather not.

I think the fact that you're going to get the Interim visa is very much the point. You're okay. You're in the same position - no better, no worse off - as all the other people in that queue of applications. What is there to complain about?

Imagine you went to a post shop wanting to send a package. When you got to the door, all the positions were open, with clerks dealing with a queue of ten customers each. You joined the back of a queue - and nobody would happily let you do anything else, like push to the front. Maybe you didn't like standing there, when you had hoped and expected to be in and out of the place in five minutes, but nevertheless, it would make NO difference if you started loudly saying to everybody, 'I thought I would have been on my way home by now. Why haven't I been able to send my package yet? Why isn't the clerk dealing with ME?'

Most INZ offices now have no counter open to deal with the public in person. Even if the one where your file is awaiting processing does have (which is very doubtful), you have no basis for thinking talking to someone would make any difference. Everybody whose case is in the queue would wish theirs to be being worked on now, and none of them can get their wish yet, not until their turn comes.

Thanks so much JandM....that was really helpful. Im positive and optimistic about the application but I'm concerned that if my interim visa is cancelled the day my application is decided according to what I've read, and it doesn't go right. I will become illegal in NZ and may not have the right to appeal or do anything(I might be wrong)...that's why I applied early enough to give me some time to be in NZ legally incase I have fight my case.

And I've seen people who applied for the same work visa (renewal) and got it within a month despite the backlog. But of them use agent.So that got me thinking if it makes a difference to use agent.

Thanks
    Last edited by Eaglekiwi; 9th February 2018 at 06:07 AM.

It doesn't make a difference to use an agent, not unless you have a very complicated case, or if you didn't follow instructions correctly. If you're thinking that any agent has some kind of clout to get ahead of the queue, forget it - they DON'T.

The other people you're talking about whose applications went through in a month must have applied at an earlier time, I assume - not when (as is happening at the moment, since last year) INZ was rejigging the way they deal with applications so that almost all, worldwide, will be dealt with onshore in NZ, and also the system for SMC has been radically altered. Unfortunately, this is the situation right now when your application is in. There's no way round that. It also occurs to me to wonder if you have run up against one of the less pleasant aspects of human nature, which means that as soon as anyone starts talking about any visa application, some charmer pretty well ALWAYS knows of (i.e. SAYS they know of) either somebody who applied for the same thing, but everything went drastically wrong so their life fell apart, or else somebody whose application did fantastically better than whatever you've just told them is happening to yours. I don't know why people have to act like this, but we keep hearing on the threads of people trying to manipulate migrants' feelings.

When your case begins to be processed, if the CO saw any point in your case which appeared not to meet the regulations, s/he would not just reject it outright. S/He would send you a PPI email - Potentially Prejudicial Information. This points out anything that has come up where it looks as though your application falls down, and, if nothing were done, would cause it to be rejected. This is INZ giving you a chance to provide more evidence or explanation, to show them that you DO meet the rules after all, in case you have not explained clearly, or have overlooked some evidence that you should have sent. So you will not get into the situation you are imagining and fearing, that there could be a flat rejection with no chance to put your side of things more clearly.

I see you've mentioned work visa renewal, when talking about the other people. Are you also applying for a work visa following on from a previous one?

Thank you so much JandM You've always been so helpful and I completely understand your point. I'm a bit relax now, knowing about the PPI. My feelings are normal and typical of every other applicants on the list.
    My visa is not a renewal...this is my first partnership work visa...been on a 9 months partnership visitor visa for 8+ months now...thanks

Well, you have a good basis for your present application, that INZ already accepted that you have a genuine partnership, and so gave you the partner-sponsored visitor visa. Really, that is a big step forward compared with people who are only just starting out to prove a partnership. All the best.

Thanks for your info...I guess u meant to say "gave you a partnership- sponsored visitor visa" in your last reply.

Yes, I did - I've altered it now to make sense!

Sounds like the call centre was trying to be helpful and is trying to give you an honest estimate of the time. I've called them a couple times and found them to be very helpful and informative but they do have their hands tied a bit because they can't see exactly what is happening with the visa process.

INZ really does need to update the estimated processing periods on this page, they are completely different from what they will tell you on the phone:

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...sa-application

Anyone who wants a processing estimate should just disregard this page and call INZ and try to get advice directly from them. I made the mistake of relying on that page and expected a 4 month processing period. After about 3 months without hearing anything from INZ I called and they said partnership-based residency visas were estimated to take 4-9 months for processing...quite different from "4 months!" It ended up taking about 5 months, and I applied from overseas so it might have taken even longer if I'd applied from within NZ since they supposedly give overseas applications a bit of priority. 5 months was fine but it was worrying hearing nothing and wondering if it could really take 9 months since my overseas residence visa was expiring about 6 months after my initial application lodgement date.
    Last edited by fltonz; 10th February 2018 at 04:56 PM.