Thread: Just checking we don't need an X-Ray...

Default Just checking we don't need an X-Ray...

My wife and I are about to apply for a Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa, and in our journey of getting to NZ both have had eMedicals already, but both only had the X-Ray portion of it. Both of these were within the last 9 months. From looking through the process of applying for the visa, it looks like the good news is we fall under the below category of not needing an X-Ray again, but of course wanted to check

Presumably during the review of our application at INZ they'll be able to pull up the previous X-Rays without us having to provide further info?

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...al-examination

You had a chest x-ray for an earlier visa application
    If you sent us a chest x-ray certificate with an earlier visa application, you don’t need to have another x-ray unless either:

it’s been more than 3 years since you had the last one
    since you had the last x-ray, you spent more than 6 months in a row in a country that doesn't have a low incidence of TB.

Although looking on the approved panel physicians section of the INZ website, the Medical only costs for a lot of them aren't a lot less than the full packages that others provide. Will keep shopping around!

On the face of it, that looks to be correct. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/46507.htm

But I notice you say "my wife and I are about to apply..." Normally, it would be just one of you who is going for that visa, and the other would be applying for a partner-sponsored temporary work visa dependent upon it, unless by chance you both happen to have had qualifying job offers at just the same moment. I mention this in case you need to check any extra requirements for the different visa.

Yeah, bang on the money there J&M. Wife would be going the Partnership-Based Temporary Visa route.
    Visa requirements are ok for both, similar medical requirements need to be submitted etc.

Just starting to fill out the forms currently, and working out the correct order to do them all and submit them all in.
    Need some cooperation from my employer first before we can get it submitted though so takes a bit of time of course.

You can do yours and your wife's at the same time, linking them with a covering letter, then INZ will work it all as one case, supplying the information you don't know to start with, such as your visa number, as it becomes available.

Thanks again, reminds me I've read that info elsewhere on this forum before, helpful to have it again for reference

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    You can do yours and your wife's at the same time, linking them with a covering letter, then INZ will work it all as one case, supplying the information you don't know to start with, such as your visa number, as it becomes available.
    Sounds silly; but can you do this online? Link two applications together that is, I haven't looked at the process just yet, but is a covering letter option available?
    Feels like they will be separate until possibly a kind soul at INZ searches for them both and puts them together
    Or copying the covering letter into both submissions and getting them noticed that way.

You can't do the linking online, but what works is to send in covering letter(s) (people have done one, or one for each application), giving as many details as possible about each of the separate applications (personal details, any reference numbers, date and time submitted), explaining that they are linked.