Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For those who received AIP letter recently. Can you please share the Visa Conditions on your Visa?

Default For those who received AIP letter recently. Can you please share the Visa Conditions on your Visa?

For those who received AIP letter recently. Can you please share the Visa Conditions on your Visa? Any requirement to change your permanent resident visa 2 years later? Thanks

Hi
    i have received my AIP letter today, however there's no mention of any specific conditions generally the default one's. Is something else been mentioned in your one?

What kind of visa? Partnership-based resident visa? Or something else?

The INZ website visa info pages tell you about the permanent resident visa rules, I know that after 2 years of living in NZ on a partnership-based resident visa you *can* apply for permanent residency if you choose to do so. After 2 years your travel conditions will expire so you have to do something if you want to be able to leave NZ and come back, I guess either apply for PR or renew your resident visa.

captain_james, what wording is bothering you?

Congratulations! If you can view you visa online, there gonna be a Visa Condition.

Not Partnership-based. just resident visa. i have not got the related information about the condition on the website yet

Hi JandM, I haven t got the Visa Condition right now. I have been working outside Auckland almost one year and claimed the point "working outside auckland". Due to some reasons, i need to go back to my country for couples of months, as a result, i might quite my job. So i m worrying about the Visa Conditions.

I see. You're going to have to wait to see what your own conditions are - knowing what it says on anyone else's visa isn't going to help, because it's the individual person's circumstances which determine what they get.

If you get something about staying in that same job for a certain length of time, if you don't do it, you will invalidate your visa. Maybe there is some way to negotiate leave of absence with your employer, so you don't actually quit the job if you absolutely must leave the country.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I see. You're going to have to wait to see what your own conditions are - knowing what it says on anyone else's visa isn't going to help, because it's the individual person's circumstances which determine what they get.

If you get something about staying in that same job for a certain length of time, if you don't do it, you will invalidate your visa. Maybe there is some way to negotiate leave of absence with your employer, so you don't actually quit the job if you absolutely must leave the country.
    Hi JandM, I have a question about this too. Immigration website says that

"Work (if you have current skilled employment outside of Auckland)
    If you were awarded points for your current skilled employment outside of Auckland, and you’ve been working in that job for less than 3 months, you must:

stay in the job for at least 12 months
    continue to be paid at or above the level of remuneration for which skilled employment points were awarded to you, for at least 12 months.
    You must provide evidence within 5 years of your first day in New Zealand as a resident that you stayed in your skilled employment for at least 12 months."

I'm working in Wellington.
    Now I'm just wondering, when do they start counting the three months?
    At the time of my EOI I was just about to start working for my employer. Now that I got approved, I've been here for 6 months. When they say that if you've been working there for less than three months, is that at the time of assessment by the CO or at the time of the EOI? Thanks, JandM

This isn't written up anywhere publicly, but from what has happened to other people, I THINK it's counted, not at either of the times you mentioned, but at the time of submission of the ITA.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast