Thread: Accredit Employer

Default Accredit Employer

Hi guys,

I have been working in an Accredit Employer for almost a year with a Post Study Work Visa. Unfortunately at the moment i am not earning the required to apply for the Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa. My first question is: if I have to apply for an Essential Skills Work Visa will the fact that the company is an Accredit Employer change anything? i.e: not having to engage with work and income?
    Second questions: my partner currently holds a work visa based on my post study. I believe my job (Transport Operator) is a skill level 4 in the ANZSCO list. Will he be able to apply for partner again based on my Essential Skills Work Visa application?

Supporting family members
    If you are engaged in lower-skilled employment
    your partner and/or dependent child(ren) will
    not be eligible for a visa on the basis of their
    relationship to you unless:
    • they held a visa on 28 August 2017, granted on
    the basis of their relationship with you; or
    • you previously held a student visa that made
    you eligible to support a child for a student visa,
    you subsequently held a post-study work visa
    based on that student visa, and you supported
    your partner or dependent child’s application for
    a work visa while holding a post-study
    work visa.

Thank you.

I think your employer probably has all the information about exactly what they can and can't do. They can certainly sponsor you for an Essential Skills visa.
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/empl...-accreditation I don't know if their accreditation will avoid the labour market checks. But anyway, if your job is on the LTSSL list and you meet the requirements for it, that WOULD mean no check. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-visa#criteria (See under Evidence for the Availability of New Zealanders section.) I can't find "transport operator" in the skills checker, or ANZSCO, under that name. Are you a driver, or do you organize?

If you succeed in getting another work visa, you will be eligible to sponsor your partner for another visa, as long as he "held a visa on 28 August 2017, granted on the basis of their relationship with you" - see that regulation that you quoted yourself.