Thread: 4 months since interview (still waiting)

Default 4 months since interview (still waiting)

Hello everyone

It's been 4 months since the interview (over a year since submitting application) and I still haven't heard anything about my SMC application. I wonder if this is "normal"? Has anyone here "beaten" that record?

And do you know of anyone who
    -applied before August 2017 but outcome decided after August 2017
    -without a job offer or a NZ degree
    and got outright residence?

Thanks

Yes, all along the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshinenz View Post
    Hello everyone

It's been 4 months since the interview (over a year since submitting application) and I still haven't heard anything about my SMC application. I wonder if this is "normal"? Has anyone here "beaten" that record?

And do you know of anyone who
    -applied before August 2017 but outcome decided after August 2017
    -without a job offer or a NZ degree
    and got outright residence?

Thanks
    Hello Sunshinez,

One of my friend asked me to reply you, he doesn't have ENZ account. His reply below.

He applied under SMC category, ITA submitted 20th June 2017, Interview on 19th Sep 2017. He was waiting for NSC clearance and in Nov 2017 his case was shifted from London to NZ branch. On 7th Feb 2018 his CO replied that case under 2nd person check.

Hello @Junaid Atta

Thanks so much to you and your friend for the information. It's very comforting to know that I'm not the only one to have waited so long.

Regarding NSC -- I submitted all of the required police certificates along with the application. Does INZ still request NSC after that?

Cheers

They can do, yes. It depends on your nationality, and in what countries you have lived. Applications from people who are nationals of, or have lived in, countries where there has been unrest and/or insitutionalized repression, get referred for these checks. NZ have a policy of not granting visas to individuals who have been personally responsible for any such issues. Therefore, they ask for a detailed employment history, and assurance that they haven't been in the military or other employment with the repressive forces (matters which are not covered by ordinary police checks). They have to wait for responses from the foreign regime, who do not give any priority to replying quickly, hence the long delays.

SunshineNZ: For me, NSC was requested although my application shows I lived in NZ-close ally countries and have always been a citizen of close NZ-ally. I believe, therefore, NSC may be *also* requested on the basis of which languages you speak, although not sure how they came across that info.