Thread: Applying for another partnership work visa*BUT*

Default Applying for another partnership work visa*BUT*

Hello all!
    My partnership work visa ends June 18, 2018. I was told I could apply for another work visa as early as mid April. Me and my partner have been living together in our apartment for a year and almost 4 months. I have been working casual for NZCare(disability services) for almost 4 months trying to save money to apply for my residence visa and another PWV(partnership work visa).Things in our life have been changing rapidly my boyfriend has dropped out of university to apply and join the police academy this June. We have purchased a car together and an ecosa mattress. We have been compiling more evidence of our relationship since my first visa approval. Our goal was to move to Wellington around April AFTER I sent in my WV application. But things have changed and I think we will be moving sooner. Our neighbor being the main cause of us moving months early.
    Long story short our neighbor is in a gang and is always trying to intimate us and his friends always try to sell us stuff and bum rides off of us. The thing is we don’t talk to them or have anything to do with them. I have been getting increasingly worried that they will try and rob us when my boyfriend and I are at work. We have complained numerous times to the landlord/lady and she says that she is trying to evict them but because of current laws she can’t get them out sooner. I don’t feel safe at all and neither does my boyfriend. We’ve decided to put all of our stuff in storage and move in with his mother who lives in Wellington sooner rather than later.

The question I am trying to ask is how do I apply for another work visa with one bill in our names (internet). While living with his mother ( she said we could transfer our internet to her house) And how do I apply for residency while Justin is in the police academy training for four months? We’re very much still together but can’t be because of his future training.

Will Justin being in the police academy hurt my residency under partnership application? we have more than sufficient evidence of us living together for the past year and four months.

His mother has said she wants us to move in quickly and get away from our dodgy neighbor before something bad happens. She also said we could transfer our fibre/internet to her house so we at least a bill in our names at her address/our new house.

I would like any help on this topic and appreciate everyone’s help! Thanks 😀

So sorry to hear of the uncomfortable situation with your neighbour. That's horrible. It's obviously the right thing to do, to get out of there as soon as you can.

You don't ABSOLUTELY have to have any ONE of those things on the list of suggestions INZ gives as proof of partnership. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...nership/slider So it shouldn't matter if you don't have the bill that is in both your names any more - but it's all to the good that you have had it in the past. See these old threads for discussion and examples of what people have used as evidence. https://www.google.co.uk/search?sour...02.5khaQcP4oq0

There should be no problem for you because your partner is away on training during processing of your applications. As it says on that link I gave above...
    Time spent living apart

If you and your partner have spent time living apart, you should provide information about your separation, including:

the reasons you were living apart
    how long you were living apart
    how you kept in touch while apart.

We'll use any evidence you provide about your separation to assess its effect on your partnership.
    INZ look to see that there is a good reason for the separation - and obviously, in your case, there is, because you couldn't go to the academy with him, just as other couples have sometimes had to live apart when the visa for one of them ran out, or one had to travel for his/her work. What matters in such situations is that you show evidence of how you are keeping your relationship going during the absence, such as phone and Skype (or similar) records, and any financial transactions where either you are passing money between the two of you, or if one buys something for the other, or which is going to be for the benefit of both of you.

Do you have solid evidence that you have been living together for at least 12 months? If you have, you could apply for residence straight away, which would mean that your partner is still with you at the time the application goes in (even though you know he is going to be away afterwards), which could be an advantage. Then you only need apply for another work visa if/when it gets near to the expiry date of the present one.

Don't forget to keep collecting evidence of partnership even after your application is in, because INZ routinely ask for more, covering the time of processing, just before they grant a visa. They are making sure that they aren't about to issue a visa to someone whose partnership has broken up in the meantime.

Yes we can prove we have been living in our apartment for a year and four months.( we’ll just call this place college street to keep the confusion low&#128578
    When I applied for my current work visa(what im on now) it was the college street address that we used. We have our joint bank account that has been paying weekly rent for our college street apartment all our bills and cards are linked to the college street address and our mail is also sent to the college street address.

We have not moved in with his mother yet (Wellington) everything is still in the planning phase. I think I will take your advice and apply for my residency in the next month. I guess I’ll just alert the immigration officer that Justin and I will be moving in with his mother so he can get prepared for the police academy.

I will also apply for my work visa around June 9th just to make sure I get an interim visa befor my current one runs out.

Overall I’m just afraid that if Justin and I don’t have an apartment together they might deny us for not being stable or something around that nature. But I kind of feel that if they’ve already aproved us once they’ll likely give us another PWV again seeing as the majority of our evidence will be more or less the same except for us moving in with his mom (Wellington). We will still have the car insurance in both our names and the fact we’ve just bought a car for me 🙂 that is also in both of our names. We bought the car in Auckland and flew there together to drive it back down to the lower north. I’m just super nervous about the change in address and how immigration will judge us for moving in with his mom. Places in Wellington are around 500 just for a 2 bedroom and it’s just not economically smart for us to rent in welly 😓😓 so yeah...

I really appreciate all your help and advice!

Thanks 😊😊

It's normal to feel a bit unsettled about changes of visa, but it really does not sound as if anything in your situation is as out of the ordinary or inexplicable to INZ as you have been fearing! All the best.

Please just thinking out loud....im currently waiting for my partnership work visa....but if it doesnt go right, can I get a work visa if i get a full time job that is not essential skill job....is there any visa I can apply for if the company is willing to support my application.

Thanks JandM! You always have the best advice! Have a great day! 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglekiwi View Post
    Please just thinking out loud....im currently waiting for my partnership work visa....but if it doesnt go right, can I get a work visa if i get a full time job that is not essential skill job....is there any visa I can apply for if the company is willing to support my application.
    You could get an Essential Skills visa if an employer offering you a job has tried and failed to find a New Zealander to do it, even if it's not a skilled job. See here under Availability of New Zealanders - hit to show evidence. The employer has to prove they have genuinely tried and failed to find an NZer.

I know from what you've put on other threads that you are feeling anxious about all this at the moment, and it's easy to get depressed just because time passes. But not hearing anything is NOT bad news - it's normal. How long have you been living with your partner?

We've been living together for 9 months now and we've been married for 18 months...
    I'm just anxious truly....but I believe everything would be fine...just considering my options.. Especially after I read a post from Belgiankiwi that says u have to leave within 1-2 days...

Hi Eaglekiwi

With my last visa application (Essential Skills Visa) 2 years ago, it was initially declined and my CO gave me 1 week to convince him to give me a second chance. I have read here that others got 2 weeks and some only 1 week like me. I did not want to alarm you regarding the 1-2 days grace period if the final decision is no. Maybe you can call immigration.

Thanks Belgiankiwi for the info....I'm just gonna keep my fingers crossed...info here has been so helpful
    Last edited by Eaglekiwi; 20th February 2018 at 12:11 PM.