Thread: Online Residence Status 31/12/9999

Default Online Residence Status 31/12/9999

Hi,

Online Residence Expiry Status (31/12/9999) disappeared and now has no date just the following dash ( - )

Anyone have the same experience?

Haven't heard of it before, but it's logical. Residence doesn't expire while the holder is in NZ (or comes and goes within their travel conditions), so why put an expiry date, even one that is in the far future, beyond any possible present lifetime? Probably because their software at first wouldn't allow a record to have a blank. I presume it has now been tweaked.

Quote Originally Posted by MollyDee View Post
    Hi,

Online Residence Expiry Status (31/12/9999) disappeared and now has no date just the following dash ( - )

Anyone have the same experience?
    had the same experience...though in the visa it stated "indefinite" and as JANDM said it's just but logical.

Thanks JandM & EVP2017,

EVP2017 - Yes my actual visa in passport states (indefinite) too.

Just curious to know why it changed. Thanks for both your responses, Appreciate it

Mine as well, replaced with a dash.

Quote Originally Posted by wormtail View Post
    Mine as well, replaced with a dash.
    Same story here.. ha ha ha...but how long it take passport to come back once it updated online...i mean when you can see the travel expiry date.

Quote Originally Posted by reggae View Post
    Same story here.. ha ha ha...but how long it take passport to come back once it updated online...i mean when you can see the travel expiry date.
    I got my passport back in 20 days.

How long did it take for your passports to be returned to you with the residence visa labels in it please?

Quote Originally Posted by Nixy View Post
    How long did it take for your passports to be returned to you with the residence visa labels in it please?
    As with all other INZ processes, do remember that just because something took x days for somebody else, it won't necessarily be the same for you. I know it's tempting to compare, but it's not valid. For sticking visa labels in the passports, the variables which can make a difference are e.g. how many other passports were already waiting when yours joined the back of the managed, date-order queue, then conditions in the office, such as full staffing as against staff sick-leave or holidays.