Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It is 2 Years!!!!

Default It is 2 Years!!!!

Hi All,

It is been exactly 2 years for today since I moved to New Zealand.

OK Now time to apply permanent resident visa, but I have a question. Just realized my kid's passport has been expired since last December. I checked it seems it could take around 3 months to get the renewed passport.

And I noted that INZ1175 form has fields to put all my dependants which was in my resident visa application ealier. However, now I can't include my kid's details as her passport is expired.

So what is the best/easiest way, stay untill my kids renewed passport and apply all together? Orelse Apply PR for me and my wife now and apply later for my kid onces her passpot gets back to me?

Thanks,

BTW ENZ hasn't changed at all, INZ has changed a lot. though

Congratulations!

If you don't have any plans for you and your wife to travel outside NZ in these next few weeks, then the simplest thing is to wait till you get your daughter's new passport and to send them all in together.

Thanks JandM and nice to see you after a long time. OK when her new passport received, can we submit the blank passport to apply for PR or do we want to transfer existing Resident Visa to the new passport and then apply for PR?

If you send in both passports, they can put the PR visa straight in the new one without the need for transferring it. A visa's validity doesn't depend on its being in an in-date passport - entitlement to the visa is on record in the INZ system.

(I have typed that from memory without hesitating, but then a slight hesitation has crept in, in case there has been any recent change. In your place, I would call INZ and ask them, 'Am I right to think that I can get my daughter's PR put straight into her new passport without transferring the residence visa?')

Congratulations on your anniversary!

Thanks, JandM. I contacted INZ and they said, I can get the PR and visa transfer to the new passport at the same time and if we requested e-visa there is no charge as well. No forms need to be signed just need to mention in the cover letter and send both old and new passports. They just got delivered today.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    If you send in both passports, they can put the PR visa straight in the new one without the need for transferring it. A visa's validity doesn't depend on its being in an in-date passport - entitlement to the visa is on record in the INZ system.

(I have typed that from memory without hesitating, but then a slight hesitation has crept in, in case there has been any recent change. In your place, I would call INZ and ask them, 'Am I right to think that I can get my daughter's PR put straight into her new passport without transferring the residence visa?')

Oh, good - nice that it all falls into place.

Congrats, just a couple of weeks till we can apply for PR , same situation waiting for my son s new passport to arrive .....soooo exciting!!!!

I still remember your posts well done

Hi Jand M

I have applied my residency in first week of may under work to residence. I have completed 2 years and now my visa under LTSSL is expiring in June. Could you please advise me whether i have to put a new visa or they will give me visa automatically? Thank you in advance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast