Thread: Evidence of us living together

Default Evidence of us living together

Hi all hope you're all well. We are hoping to move as a family to NZ.
    For our relationship evidence I have been looking into what we need to supply.
    The problem I have realised we have is that nothing is in both our names. Apart from our mobile phone contracts are together in one account. But for this we don't get letters though they could probably send something if i asked maybe.
    The rent he pays and a few bills for the car which are in his name. I am named as a driver though .But all the household bills are in my name. We are both on the electoral roll for this house don't know if that could be used as evidence.
    We don't have joint bank accounts.
    I never really thought about it before but now I'm worried it might effect our application.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My partner is due to come out first on a skilled work visa and myself and children are too follow once he is set up in his new job and has found somewhere for us to move into. Not sure if this will then have a different effect on visas. Just as I think I'm getting my head around the procees and all I realise there's another thing to worry about lol.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sour...31.JqrADx69cfE Those are some old threads with discussion and examples of partnership proof, which should give you more ideas of what you can use.

You don't necessarily have to have things in JOINT names, only to prove that you each pay things that is for the benefit of you both (all) and your home. As to post, even if addressed to one person, it proves that each of you lives at that address, therefore that you both live there. If you don't have very much, you can deliberately write to official bodies with a query that they will have to answer, thus supplying you with another piece of evidence. Similarly, you can order things to be delivered, and save the packaging. And yes, the electoral roll can certainly be used as evidence, as could things like registration for a club membership, or with a doctor, and your names and details as contacts to be used for when your children are at school.

In our case we had no joint accounts so I provided separate proofs of address for both of us showing we lived at the same address. The CO requested a detailed explanation of how our finances were linked and how they are managed and who manages what, because we had no joint accounts. It wasn't a problem because we were able to prove we do live and manage our lives together. HTH.

Thank you both that's been very helpful and put my mind at ease.

Another question I'm wondering if you can help with is,
    It sounds like my partner has been offered a job and he would be going to new Zealand before us. If we were then to follow him over but a few months later would that then cause a problem with visas and proving us living together because it may not be a while until myself and children can follow him over.
    We don't want him to miss the opportunity of the job offer but we have several things that would need to be sorted out first, like selling car and furniture and ideally I wanted my son to be able to sit his exams as he is in the last year of primary school here.
    Our options would be me to move into cheaper rental or with my parents while he is gone but then nothing here would be in both our names. Thank you for any help you can give.

See here under the heading Time spent living apart. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ly/partnership

Many people on the forum have got their visas regardless of having to be apart for some time. INZ like to see that there is good evidence that you have been living together before the separation, then will want to know that there is some solid reason for the separation, such as work (as for you), one partner's visa having run out, one partner having to be away to complete a course of study - that kind of thing. Then they will want to know that you are still co-operating over your financial arrangements, and that means showing if one partner is sending money to the other, or either party is spending money on arrangements or articles which will be for your joint home and/or for the use of both of you. And you will need to know phone and Skype (or similar) records to prove that you are keeping in touch during your absence from one another.

JAndM please how can I send u a PM ....like u said before, I received the PPI and they have listed reasons why they don't believe our relationship is genuine and stable...I believe I have given them evidence but now they ask for more and I'm so confused right now

Click on my username over a post, and PMing is one of the possibilities in the box that will appear.

Pming is not showing.... But i have not long registered on this forum...does make any difference??

What CAN you see in the drop-down box?