Thread: Partnership Residency

Default Partnership Residency

Hi everyone,

My partner has been in NZ almost two years on a temporary partnership visa which expires on April 1st. We have lodged her residency but it is taking so much longer than planned and have not even been assigned a CO yet and its been over 3 months of waiting! We called and all we can be told is its in processing and that we should prepare another temporary visa to summit 5-10 working days before her one expires and she will get a interim visa.

I just wanted to check to see if anyone else has been in a similar situation and if the information is accurate. We are both stressing out a little!

Thanks for your help

Also it now looks like her medical will run out during processing, does this mean we need another one?

Yes, that's absolutely correct, and what is happening to her case is normal for these days. Try not to worry.

As long as anyone's medical is in-date at the time of lodgement of the application, that is normally fine. INZ have the right to insist on another medical being done, but they next to never do that, unless they have reason to think that the applicant's state of health is marginal, or unless the applicant has spent time recently in some other country where serious disease is rife.

In any case, if there were any medical difficulty apart from the VERY MOST SERIOUS, your partner would definitely be given a medical waiver. A4.60 d, here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsm....htm?35154.htm

Quote Originally Posted by liam90 View Post
    Hi everyone,

My partner has been in NZ almost two years on a temporary partnership visa which expires on April 1st. We have lodged her residency but it is taking so much longer than planned and have not even been assigned a CO yet and its been over 3 months of waiting! We called and all we can be told is its in processing and that we should prepare another temporary visa to summit 5-10 working days before her one expires and she will get a interim visa.

I just wanted to check to see if anyone else has been in a similar situation and if the information is accurate. We are both stressing out a little!

Thanks for your help
    Hi just applied my partnership residency too. They havent started to processed it yet. When did they deducted ur lwvy fee? Did they informed u it was process?

Cheers