Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Really need some serious help, please guys !!!

Lightbulb Really need some serious help, please guys !!!

Hi all,

Have gone through many of the threads here and few clarifications before I launch EOI. Please guide me.

Here is my assessment,
    1) Age - 30
    2) Qualification - 70 [ Still havent done my IQA , friend of mine did and we studied in same college and same course]
    3) Experience - 50

150 points, I have two plans.

Plan 1: Ask my spouse to take IELTS and she has masters degree as well, so will get 10 points and total will be 160 points.
    Plan 2: Myself I have 10years of experience in IT, planning to go for 15 points on this - Total 165.

But only issue I found is that for plan 2, if my IQA has generic outcome, i have to apply for IPENZ and get a letter stating that my Bachelor's degree is equivalent to NZ qualification, Is this right?

Or even for plan 1 do i still need to get IPENZ assessment?

Please guide me.

Plan 2: Myself I have 10years of experience in IT, planning to go for 15 points using LTSSL - Total 165.

What ANZSCO code does your job come under? - this can make a difference.

Hi JandM,

Telecommunications
    Network Engineer
    (263312).

I am confused on how to go, any advice? My bachelor degree is COMPUTER SCIENCE and ENGINEERING and Masters in SOFTWARE ENGINEERING

Here is the official word on this one. http://skillshortages.immigration.go...work-engineer/ (Click on the Long term skills list bar to see the drop-down.) So your IQA needs to say in a specific outcome that your degree is equivalent to one of those listed, OR A Seoul, Washington or Sydney Accord accredited degree, OR if you get a generic outcome of Level 7 or over, then you need an IT Professionals NZ https://itp.nz/ letter saying what is mentioned there, AND at least three years' qualified experience.

(IPENZ has changed its name to be Engineering NZ, and, it seems, is NOT now being required to be involved in as many assessments of foreign qualifications on behalf of INZ as used to be the case.

Thanks once again for ur help,

If my NZQA comes with generic outcome of level 7, do I still need to go for IPENZ ?

What exact difference between assessment outcome of "A bachelor's degree at level 7" and "A bachelor's of computer science at level 7(360 credits).? That's make a difference?

So your IQA needs to say in a specific outcome that your degree is equivalent to one of those listed,
    OR A Seoul, Washington or Sydney Accord accredited degree,
    OR if you get a generic outcome of Level 7
    or over, then you need an IT Professionals NZ

Have you done IQA yet? When you submit IQA, you should also submit a separated form which mentioned you need to assess LTSSL for immigration propose. Remember to submit that form and request to access for all related occupations you worked before or occupations that you protentially may apply for later.

If you assess LTSSL for IT occupations, then not necessary to go IPENZ. If you request to assess LTSSL for ENGINEERING occupations, then most likely they could give you generic outcome and ask you to go for IPENZ.

Could you do both?

Thanks a lot for the information.planning for IQA soon, little confusing on new method of submitting the form needed for LTSSL assessment, I think can be submitted online at same time when we submit the degrees and transcripts via NZQA.

What is the main difference between ENGINEERING occupations and IT, am planning for the below.

Should be IT ?

Telecommunications
    Network Engineer
    (263312).

Quote Originally Posted by vkambara View Post
    Thanks a lot for the information.planning for IQA soon, little confusing on new method of submitting the form needed for LTSSL assessment, I think can be submitted online at same time when we submit the degrees and transcripts via NZQA.

What is the main difference between ENGINEERING occupations and IT, am planning for the below.

Should be IT ?

Telecommunications
    Network Engineer
    (263312).
    If you assess IT occupations for LTSSL, NZQA can provide assessment result by their own. Your assessment result will included which occupations with your bachelor degree you assessed fulfilled LTSSL requirement.

If you assess Engineering occupations, NZQA cannot provide assessment result, because IPENZ responses to this, so your IQA result will got generic result and ask you to go for IPENZ.

If you need to claim LTSSL points in your EOI, suggest to finish IQA before submit. Without IQA result with LTSSL assessment result, my EOI being rejected once before. INZ need your LTSSL assessment result to grant you points for EOI.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast