Thread: Residence visa conditions

Default Residence visa conditions

Do you really have to let immigration knows when you have changed your employer and address in that 2 years time before you can apply for permanent residency? Thank you

What has made you think that?

In most cases, once they have fulfilled any conditions on their visa, a resident is free to take any job, skilled or not, start their own business, do nothing if they're rich enough, be a student on domestic rate fees (but not get a government loan till they've been resident three years), and live anywhere. Once the conditions are fulfilled, INZ do not need to track the person closely. Their NZ job(s) and where they have been living are not part of the requirements for PR (though their financial and tax records MAY be, and should be kept safely). INZ will know when they have been in or out of NZ, because the computer registers when their passport is scanned on leaving or arriving, and that is enough for most PR applications.

Hi there, ive had my residency since 2016 and i just went back and reminisce on my application and saw at the very end of my AIP that if my circumstances change e.g employment, address, or healt i need to inform them.. i didnt have any conditions at all like section 49-1 .. it just somehow made me feel paranoid again.. i think that requirement is just a standard and applies to all types of visas and not really a condition..

That is a requirement for the time between when you got the AIP and when your passport had the residence visa put into it. At that stage, you were approved for residence, but didn't have it yet, so if you did something that changed your circumstances, you could still have unqualified yourself. Once the visa went in, your status changed to being definitely a resident.