Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Infringement notice for traffic rule and PR

Default Infringement notice for traffic rule and PR

If someone gets infringement notice from NZ police for a minor traffic rule break e.g. failure to stop at yellow light (not red).. then does it affect Permanent residency procedure ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pariket View Post
    If someone gets infringement notice from NZ police for a minor traffic rule break e.g. failure to stop at yellow light (not red).. then does it affect Permanent residency procedure ?
    No

No, but the person needs to admit to INZ that it happened, as there's a requirement for full honesty. All the regulations about the character checks are in this section. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/35052.htm

Thanks all.. and JandM, by admitting it, you mean if CO ask you about the incident then you have to admit it??

Certainly, yes, but you may need to go further. If you have yet to get your police check, it could show up on there, and it looks better if YOU tell INZ than that they find it out by other means.

I had 4 tickets on my car registered to my name over the first 2 years: 2 for speeding (not me), 1 for stopping at a no-stopping area (not me) and 1 for parking at a no-parking area (not me).
    I declared this but it was not a problem.
    I am not sure but hear-say, unless you are pulled over by the police for the offense, it does not appear in your record (or affect your demerit points). Can't find any evidence to support this though. Anyone has anything that says otherwise?

It has just clicked that you were asking about PR, not Residence. For PR, there is no extra character check, and therefore no police certificate still to come. You'll be fine, you don't need to tell anybody, and nobody from INZ is likely to raise the issue.

okay thanks all.. ya that's for PR... we were worried when my wife got infringement notice just after 2 days we submitted our file.. but now I am relived after your replies. Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by bulu View Post
    I had 4 tickets on my car registered to my name over the first 2 years: 2 for speeding (not me), 1 for stopping at a no-stopping area (not me) and 1 for parking at a no-parking area (not me).
    I declared this but it was not a problem.
    I am not sure but hear-say, unless you are pulled over by the police for the offense, it does not appear in your record (or affect your demerit points). Can't find any evidence to support this though. Anyone has anything that says otherwise?
    Did you declare these on just your PR application? or did you also declare them on the visa applications leading to your PR?

The infringements happened AFTER bulu had Residence and was living in NZ, so the question didn't arise until he was applying for PR. And as you see, these posts are from 2013, since when character requirements for PR have been introduced, see here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ements-prv.htm (But even if someone were applying for PR today, and had the same infringements, it wouldn't be likely to make a difference, though a higher number might raise some issues, and anything involving drunk-driving could cause refusal.)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast