Thread: Australia Police Checks - Name and Fingerprints Checks

Default Australia Police Checks - Name and Fingerprints Checks

Hi all

Here comes an unforeseen document out of my ignorance in preparation.... My partner appears to need a police certificate from Australia since she's spent good 3 years there....

The procedure for getting one seems straight forward enough (only that more cost and waiting time will be incurred...) A couple of questions for anyone who did this recently:

1) Would a standard form from NZPost be accepted? Also I think it's electronics, not the usual police ink.
    2) What was the turnaround you've experienced? Is month or less too much to ask for?
    3) Anything at all I may need to be aware of? :-)

Thanks...

Forgot to mention one thing, this is for a residence visa application. Also the purpose of checks would be 35. Overseas employment/visa – for supply to a country other than Australia, correct?

Can b e 4-6 weeks for a fingerprint check.
    Purpose is "35"
    and dont forget to keep a copy of everything you send including courier receipt. . In some circumstances INZ may accept evidence that you have applied for certificate, for lodgment purposes.

Thanks ChrisMwn!

So I presume the standard NZPost form is all good?

If that's the case (re: the receipt), can I just lodge it right after then? What the cons would be for lodging the application with just the courier receipt?

Note: only my partner needs this. I - as a main applicant - do not need one.

Im not sure what you mean by a standard NZ Post form.
    So long as you have a standard "ten print" set of fingerprints, in hard copy, rather than digital that's what AFP require.

I assume you are loging an SMC application and your partner has spent more than 12 months in the last 10 years in Australia.

Lodging with a receipt would normally only be done where there was , say , other documents such as medicals or other police certificates expiring.
    Try and see, there's nothing to loose. Worst case is that INZ will "return-failed lodgement (RFL) and youl have to wait for AFP cert to arrive. (send all documents sent by courier, not just the courier receipt.)

Thanks for sharing mate.

I read from somewhere that AFP expect an 'ink' form one but probably that's not really the case.

For the visa, I'm applying through a Work to Residence (accredited employer). My partner didn't have any expiring police cert with INZ. Is it still worth a try in this situation (submitting copies of all documents plus courier receipt)?

And if the copies of those police checks documents are not acceptable, would INZ just reject the lodgement? Or they would just ask me to supply more information?

Thanks again

Hi again everyone

Anyone collected fingerprint with Postshop recently is keen to share what to put under this section?

------------------------
    SECTION 2: Fingerprints (Optional) (complete only where fingerprints are required and/or authorised by law)

Date Taken:
    Police station:
    Officer’s Name & No:
    ------------------------

https://afpnationalpolicechecks.conv...fline_form.pdf

Staff at Postshop told me to leave the entire section blank because it's meant to be completed only when collected by the police. I however felt it must be completed nonetheless at least a date should be filled in. But the police station and officer's name could be N/A or simply left blank. Anyway, leaving the entire section blank shouldn't be right.

Thoughts anyone?

Answering my own question..... AFP said just put in Postshop NZ there and all should be fine :-)