Thread: Work Visa Clarification

Default Work Visa Clarification

Hi,
    I have attended an interview for a job and they are happy with my performance. They are just skeptical about my visa condition as its dependent on my partner visa which gets expired by oct 2018. We are planning to renew and I would renew based on my partner visa which will have a delay. Is there any visa like employer assisted can provide me with 1 or 2 years visa? so that I can process my SMC parallel.

Note: I have not graduated in New Zealand.

Is it a skilled job for which you are qualified?

Yes Business Analyst

Looking at the INZ skill checker http://skillshortages.immigration.govt.nz/, there are different kinds of business analyst. If you are an ICT business analyst, that could readily get you an Essential Skills visa, since it is on the LTSSL. However, if you are one of the other kinds, the employer could only give you the job and support you for ESV if they have done a market check to make sure there are no NZers or NZ visa holders available.

But looking at this from another angle, why should there be any delay involving your job when you both need to renew your visas? If you both apply to have another visa, while the existing one is still valid, when the expiry date comes, INZ can issue an Interim visa to keep you legally in NZ while the application is being processed. Since you will be applying for the same sort of visa as you already have, yours would allow you to continue working. I don't see any problem. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...isa-conditions

@J&M : I will fall under 224711 Management Consultant. I am planning to inform them that I will apply for essential skill visa and in parallel I will process my SMC residence also, if I do that I don't have to ask them to prove the market check. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ZL&applying=no

My wife visa as student expires on 7th October and for her to get her course completion certificate it might take time. I am thinking if she gets her work visa on 7th October I might have to leave the country and apply for work visa again. because we cannot apply together i guess.

because we cannot apply together i guess.
    Not correct. You can send both applications at the same time, linked with a covering letter, then INZ will work things as one case, supplying information you don't know up front, such as visa numbers, as it becomes available. And you'd both have an Interim visa.

That is great to know. I think I am covered for another year

Hi J&M, I forgot to mention that my wife is studying in wellington and I will be in Napier. so there will be a problem in providing us dependent visa as one of the category is staying together.

Not necessarily. See Time spent living apart here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ly/partnership The fact that you have a history of living together that INZ are aware of and have recognized is good. Also, as I have said on other threads, many people have to be away at times in temporary accommodation for work or study, yet regard their *home* as back there where their partner is. If your partner can show that important mail goes to where you are living, and that she comes back to you there when she can, and has input into your home - decisions, purchases, etc. - you have a basis to argue continuing partnership.

Got that Thanks for your continued support