Thread: Moving house whilst applying for visa

Question Moving house whilst applying for visa

Hello everyone, hope you're all well!

Firstly I must say how much help this forum has been and really has eased my mind at times. I've just gone past my first year of being in New Zealand and I must say I am in love with the country, the lifestyle, the people...everything!

I came out here on a 23 Month Working Holiday Visa, but I'm now looking to apply for a Partner of a New Zealander Work Visa as I really want to stay here and I can certainly see my life and future here. My partner and myself having been together since July 2016 and living together since May 2017 but the issue we have is that we are currently looking into renting somewhere a bit bigger for the both of us!

The issue I have is that on my Police Certificate it has my current address and my application will most likely have our current address...what is the procedure regarding moving house? Would I need a new Police Certificate with new address once we move/find somewhere?

Any help would be much appreciated as the stress of filling out forms isn't really that fun and I would love to get it all completed so that I can hopefully relax just a little bit more!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Joel

I assume you are asking about your NZ police certificate? If that is correct, you don't need to do anything about it, because IF INZ want a NZ police certificate from you, they get it directly from the NZ police. See here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...e-certificates

Immigration New Zealand requests a Police Certificate on your behalf from the New Zealand Police when your visa application is received. This information is sent directly to Immigration New Zealand.
    However, it's most unlikely that this would be necessary in any case. The normal thing to happen is to send in your application with the present details correctly filled in, then, if your plans work out and you move before processing is complete, you just notify INZ of your new address (and any other changed contact details).

Thanks for getting back to me JandM so quickly, but I should probably have explained this better. My police certificate is from the UK so it's one that I had to pay for myself so that I can attach this with my application. I just want to make sure I do everything properly so don't end up delay the outcome, having to re-submit my application or buying a new certificate etc.

So this UK certificate has your present NZ address on it - is that right? What I said before will hold good, though. Submit your application from where you are, and just update your contact details to INZ after you move.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    So this UK certificate has your present NZ address on it - is that right? What I said before will hold good, though. Submit your application from where you are, and just update your contact details to INZ after you move.
    That is correct. Thank you for getting back to me as that's reassuring to hear, everything else is pretty much done regarding the application so just collecting my evidence to support but the moving situation was the main thing playing on my mind. Thank you again for your help!