Thread: Sponsor partner for visitor visa after being perviously sponsored by someone

Default Sponsor partner for visitor visa after being perviously sponsored by someone

Hi all,

I am writing here on behalf of my friend

He has already read many threads here but not sure if he got the answer or not and confused in 5 years rule.
    Also we have read operational manual F2.10.10 https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsm....htm?46176.htm still not sure.

He came to NZ in 2011 and got his RV in July 15 ( He got his residency based on partnership category )
    Unfortunately he broke up with her and got his PRV in Aug 17.
    Now he got married in his home country and wants to sponsor his partner on visitor visa.

Is he eligible to sponsor his current partner on visitor visa ? (not on residence class visa application)
    or he has to wait 5 years for it ?

Any answers will be appreciated. Thanks a lot
    Cheers

Looking at the fact sheet about the partner-sponsored visitor visa here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-visa#criteria, then clicking to see the Evidence in the section about Eligible NZ supporting partner, you can see this.
    Your partner must... be eligible to support a partnership-based residence visa within 12 months.
    To be eligible to support a partnership based resident visa application, your partner must not:
    ...have themselves been included as a partner in a successful residence application, within the last 5 years
    Since you say his partner-sponsored residence was granted in July 2015, that is only two and a bit years ago. He will not be able to be an eligible sponsor for THIS kind of visa (partner-sponsored visitor's or work) until after July 2019, because he would be able to sponsor a new partner for residence after July 2020.

Hi JandM,

Thank you so much I will be expecting your reply, will convey the message.
    Also, I'm still waiting for my outcome and is not easy.

Not easy is the normal state when waiting to hear from INZ. Your turn will come, and you're not alone.

Breathing