Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PPI response help

Default PPI response help

Hi Guys, I rcvd a PPI letter from my CO.. one of the section says:

"We are not satisfied that your employment requires you to undertake the ANZSCO core task of adapting existing programs to meet user requirements as the examples provided by your employer do not appear to involve the ‘adaptation’ of software. It appears that you adjust the settings of applications such as an email client for customers; however, we do not consider the mere adjustment of settings to be equivalent to adapting the program. Adapting existing programs implies modifying the functionality of that program to suit the needs of a particular user. We are not satisfied that the examples your employer has provided demonstrate that you adapt existing programs."

I work with an ISP, and we use third party and inhouse applications.

what does 'modifying the functionality of that program to suit the needs of a particular user' mean?
    the application behaves or changes its functionality or output only if you change the settings on it, so that it works as you like. Am I right?
    If changing the settings to suit the customers need or the output the customer wants is not considered as adaptation.. then what is?

How do I answer this question from the CO?

I understand this to mean that there is an expectation that you are actually re-coding programs or writing new code for software, hence "modifying the functionality". Based on what the CO has written, it sounds like they believe your tasks are to simply change settings within software, instead of altering it entirely (i.e. update settings for MS Exchange email, SMTP, WiFi, etc.). Changing settings does not adapt a program, but rather allows it to function in a specific way that it is already designed to do. Are you or your employer able to provide the CO with examples of how you add new features to programs that weren't already present, or how you make them function in a way that they couldn't have possibly done without your assistance? Without knowing further detail, this is my take on what they are looking for, but perhaps someone else will interpret it differently.

Thanks Jasonw4, I will check with my employer on how to respond to this question.

I visited a LIA today to get some help on this issue, and apparently every client who has applied under ICT support officer is getting weird or confused question from the CO's

Not sure what to make of it

Hello 5310sa

It looks like you are in a situation like I was in February 2017.
    I got such questions from INZ in PPI last year.
    Adapting existing programs to meet user requirements is something that an ICT customer support officer is supposed to do , in regards with adapting mails features , like setting up POP/IMAP should be fine or creating rules in outlook, and that's what ICT support officer are supposed to do instead of recoding the things in the actual software.
    "Guidance and Supporting the customers is what we do"We are not at all supposed to change the coding , that's a different ANZSCO core role all together .

My residency was declined due to such strange questions by INZ, even after giving them all the answers what we actually do.

Since then I lodged appeal against the decision in Tribunals and my appeal was upheld, INZ was proven wrong as they did imported a skill level in their own assessment which was clearly wrong and now my residency is again with INZ since last year October and a complete silence.

Its really frustrating.

To issue PPI or Clarifying the job roles is the correct procedure of INZ , however to importing a skill level in their assessment is totally wrong.

It looks like you are in same situation.

I would suggest approach an LIA so that he can guide you.

Also please read these links in which INZ accepted their assessments were flawed , due to which really I am suffering since past 18 months now and counting.

https://www.radionz.co.nz/news/natio...ts-were-flawed

https://www.radionz.co.nz/news/natio...mental-anguish

So I would really recommend to approach a lawyer or advisor and ask them to put through reference of successful IPT appeals in your PPI replies.

I hope you don't go through the same stress.

I wish you luck mate.

Regards,

EOI Lodged: 28/09/16
    ITA: 12/10/16
    ITA Submitted: 21/10/16
    CO assigned:18/02/17
    PPI sent: 02/03/17
    PPI replied: 15/03/17
    INZ Site Vist: 27/03/17
    Declined: 04/05/17
    IPT Appeal Lodged: 12/06/17
    IPT Appeal successful sent back for reassessment: 15/11/17
    INZ Reassesment: Since 20/11/17

No CONTACT OR FURTHER UPDATE YET!!

MY TIME LINE

anzi - have you filed a complaint through the complaint process if your timeline is correct? Heard of someone who did this and got responses pretty soon after explaining that officer had forgotten to send first email, then officer was in contact within few days of that

Hello NZs,

My Case has been toggled to three different TA since November 2017 since IPT sent my file back to INZ for reassessment.
    Initially a TA in Manukau branch, then a TA in Henderson, Now sitting with TA in Henderson as well since 9th feb, don't know what they are really after.

COs don't get assigned its only TA who are dealing with my file now.

Regards,
    Anzi

Quote Originally Posted by anzi91 View Post
    Hello NZs,

My Case has been toggled to three different TA since November 2017 since IPT sent my file back to INZ for reassessment.
    Initially a TA in Manukau branch, then a TA in Henderson, Now sitting with TA in Henderson as well since 9th feb, don't know what they are really after.

COs don't get assigned its only TA who are dealing with my file now.

Regards,
    Anzi
    Hi Anzi,

How do you know your case was being accessed by 3 different TA?
    Did they inform you by email?

Hi Bluegray,

No they never emailed me or my advisor.
    I was calling contact center frequently and was getting update frequently.

Regards,
    Anzi

I had a question in mind.
    I work for an ISP and since Jan 2018 until today.. 9 people got their SMC approved who all had the same (job title/pay rate/job responsibilities).. exact same situation as mine
    Yet, only I received a PPI.. asking to prove that I actually do the "technical" role.

I wanted to ask, when we submit for SMC.. are we supposed to satisfy the CO or we need to meet the requirement as per INZ policies?
    Are we applying to INZ or to the Case Officer?

Shouldn't INZ have in record that a particular company, has a title as XXXX and whoever is working under that title does come under that ANZSCO code.
    Don't the CO's share info with each other for better processing of the application?

'If' my SMC gets rejected what would that mean? did the other CO's who handled the prev 9 application were wrong or was my CO wrong in the decision?

would appreciate reply from senior members or ex-CO's
    Last edited by 5310sa; 15th March 2018 at 06:55 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast