Thread: A question about a work visa based on partnership

Default A question about a work visa based on partnership

Hi all

The situation is:

- My 30-month work visa (talent) will expire on 1 Sept
    - My partner is on 1-year work visa based on partnership which will expire quite some time before mine on 6 May
    - We are planning to apply for residency some time in April
    - Chances are that it won't be granted before my partner's visa runs out
    - Thus we are going to apply for another work visa based on partnership around 1 week or so before 6 May
    - That is just for her to have an interim visa while we're waiting for a decision on the residency

The question is:

I'm curious as to what sort of visa duration INZ is going to grant here? She previously got a 1-year work visa based on partnership. But this time round, my current work visa is only valid until 1 Sept (~ 6 more months). Does it mean she'll be granted a work visa that'll only valid up until my visa's expiry date?

It wouldn't matter in case the residency thing goes as planned. I still however like to know what we are dealing with.

Thanks

Her visa will be granted till the validity of yours is my guess

I agree with Bala6666.

Thanks, that looks the most sensible....

What if I'm lodging another work visa of mine in May (before my partner's visa expires) and include my partner in the application. Would she also get an interim visa through this application?

You can't include your partner on an application for a work visa, but you can sponsor her for another partner of a worker visa. If you get a new work visa, you would have to do that, because her present visa depends on your present visa, so it would become invalid once you got a new one.

INZ can issue an Interim visa to anyone whose current visa expires when they already have an application lodged for some kind of temporary visa (whatever sort).