Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taranaki

Has he changed from NZ visitor visa to a work visa before doing this month-long contract?

Quote Originally Posted by farfaraway View Post
    Has he changed from NZ visitor visa to a work visa before doing this month-long contract?
    No worries, he's working remotely for the US branch, through his own US-based company ;-) Thanks for checking.

BTW, I will be in New Plymouth in August to visit my relatives. Still planning our trip.
    I like the place better than Auckland.

This Feb when I visited Taranaki, I found that someone has rented out a nice house just for $290/PW including utility bills, I was surprised as that is impossible to do in AKL.

BTW, I will be in New Plymouth in August to visit my relatives. Still planning our trip.

This Feb when I visited Taranaki, I found that someone has rented out a nice house just for $290/PW including utility bills, I was surprised as that is impossible to do in AKL.
    Yes, the rental prices are a relief! I'm not sure if we'll be here in August, I rather hope so, PM me if you'd like to meet up when your plans firm ;-)

Sure thing will contact you

Just to mention, you can extend your visitor visa for another 3 months; and that will give you more time to explore the opportunities extensively.
    I need to do an extension for my parents who are currently in NZ on visitor visa too. Currently in the process of applying the extension

Hope that you become NZ residents eventually

This is what I heard, accommodation is cheaper as compared to other cities in NZ. I believe there is a big O&G, Chemicals and Dairy job market in New Plymouth.

yeah correct. O&G, Electrical, Power industries.
    Basically I think all "non-IT" jobs are there

yeah correct. O&G, Electrical, Power industries.
    Basically I think all "non-IT" jobs are there
    Yes, we were surprised to find an IT opportunity, just good luck in making a personal connection. I think they are trying to grow the sector a bit, there was an event called Hack Taranaki (https://www.startuptaranaki.nz/hack-taranaki/) at the coworking space hubby has been renting a desk at.

Oh that is great to know that there are startups too in Taranaki !
    Taranaki I think is one of the NZ cities that has the potential to grow like Auckland.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12