Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need suggestions regarding SMC

Quote Originally Posted by nzalpaca View Post
    my NSC got cleared on 7 Feb
    nzalpaca and EGoodhue -- What was the wording that your CO used when your NSC was finished? "Cleared" as in approved? My CO used very different language.

EGoodhue -- do you know what the possible outcomes are for NSC? I would figure "cleared" / "approved" or "not cleared" / "unapproved". My NSC result was different from either of these.

Process takes 12 to 16 months, Thats what i told my employer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaida View Post
    nzalpaca and EGoodhue -- What was the wording that your CO used when your NSC was finished? "Cleared" as in approved? My CO used very different language.

EGoodhue -- do you know what the possible outcomes are for NSC? I would figure "cleared" / "approved" or "not cleared" / "unapproved". My NSC result was different from either of these.
    Only know of 'clear' NSC results - never seen anything different.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaida View Post

hi Gaida, usually its okay when INZ doing NSC. no worries

I now have an update:
    - NSC started by CO October 2017 (not when ITA lodged in Dec 2016)
    - Feb. 2018 I sent an email asking for update
    - Next business day, INZ said NSC was "clarified" -- decision reached by CO and pushed to 2PC
    - Three weeks later, 2PC confirms NSC is required
    - NSC "restarted" -- they said no need to go to back of queue, so wait is for NZ office, as foreign countries don't really care about changes in NZ processing status
    - In April 2018 NSC will be eligible for expedite as it will have been 6 months

This info seems also to indicate that NSC is mostly an NZ-based check, rather than waiting on a response from a foreign country. This would mean NZ's security check is more in line with what most countries do -- standard criminal database checks/histories, with inquires with foreign authorities only in special cases. (It's unusual to allow standard security checks to sit on the desks of foreign ministers for 6 months, and then suddenly have a response.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12