Thread: ITA lodge 2 weeks ago but about to received new job offer outside Auckland

Default ITA lodge 2 weeks ago but about to received new job offer outside Auckland

Hi everyone,

Someone can enlighten me on my situation. I lodged my ITA 2 weeks ago but I am about to received a NEW job offer anytime now which is I am decided to accept it.
    What is the best thing that I can do?
    Do I need to inform the INZ immediately?
    Do I need to apply variation first before I advised my current employer?
    Is there any implication on my SMC/RV application?

Need your advise or thoughts please.

Cheers!
    Last edited by pancake5; 14th March 2018 at 11:33 AM.

The first thing is to contact INZ (not your CO for the residence application - this will be a new approach) to get a Variation of Conditions or new visa, depending on how different your new job will be from the present one. You need to factor in the length of notice you have to give on the present job, and the desired start date at the new one - you can't start at the new job while your visa is still naming the old one, or continue at the old one after the visa has changed, and INZ will help with that.

As long as the new job is skilled in the same area you named on your ITA, there should not be any adverse effect on your application under SMC. Once you definitely have the new job, you need to give the CO all the details of your responsibilites and new employer, and those will then be checked out as part of processing.

Hi JandM, thank you for your advise. Yes, it is the same skill occupation it is just different company and location.
    Still no CO to be informed so I will take your advise to contact INZ about my situation.

Another question is, do they automatically update my points as it is job outside Auckland? or it will not consider already?
    Last edited by pancake5; 14th March 2018 at 12:36 PM.

I don't think points are added on automatically. That's a good thing, because you had enough points for your EOI to be selected and ITA issued. As you don't need and didn't claim the points, you won't then get Section 49(1) conditions on your residence requiring you to stay in that job or any other outside Auckland for a full 12 months. (Some people don't mind this condition at all, if it turns out they are happy in their job, and happy to settle wherever they have found somewhere to live near the job. But others would prefer to be free to move on if they happen to get a better offer.)