Thread: "Slavery through education" (partnership visa scam)

Default "Slavery through education" (partnership visa scam)

https://www.radionz.co.nz/national/p...ough-education

Indian families are marrying their drug addicted sons to young women and paying for the women’s study here in New Zealand as a pathway to residency for their sons. ... With their in-laws paying for education and travel fees, they are then treated like “slaves”.
    INZ is wary of relationship fraud. In the past seven and a half years they’ve received more than 1300 complaints about dubious couples.

I often see people applying for partnership visas making comments about how annoying it is to gather all the partnership evidence - but bear in mind that this is, unfortunately, the kind of thing that INZ has to watch out for.

I am from India and whatever the women are claiming is mostly nonsense. More often than not, they themselves are complicit in the act of providing fraudulent information on their visa forms because the lure of foreign lands dazzles and blinds millions in India, even today. Moreover given that they are educated, how did they just sit back and relax while their documents and application were being tampered with.
    I have always believed that immigration is a give and take - the immigrant gets a job, a lifestyle and a new place, the host gets taxes, labour and diversity. Now if the immigrants are taking undue advantage, I strongly suggest that the host begin to check who is entering their door. NZ has been too kind so far! I am not saying ban immigration but welcome and incentivize the right kind.

Quote Originally Posted by param912003 View Post
    I am from India and whatever the women are claiming is mostly nonsense. More often than not, they themselves are complicit in the act of providing fraudulent information on their visa forms because the lure of foreign lands dazzles and blinds millions in India, even today. Moreover given that they are educated, how did they just sit back and relax while their documents and application were being tampered with.
    I have always believed that immigration is a give and take - the immigrant gets a job, a lifestyle and a new place, the host gets taxes, labour and diversity. Now if the immigrants are taking undue advantage, I strongly suggest that the host begin to check who is entering their door. NZ has been too kind so far! I am not saying ban immigration but welcome and incentivize the right kind.
    IELTS Brides- Approx 50% of the girls are coming as IELTS Brides. If someone got confusion, they can google Indian newspapers, some facebook matrimonial pages. I would name it human trafficking and the hub is PUNJAB.
    In my opinion boys/grooms cant be accused, bride parents are totally responsible for it. It is like selling your girl.
    Last edited by jeaj; 19th March 2018 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeaj View Post
    ielts brides- approx 50% of the girls are coming as a ielts brides. If someone got confusion, they can google indian newspapers, some facebook matrimonial pages. I would name it human trafficking and the hub is punjab.
    In my opinion boys/grooms cant be accused, bride parents are totally responsible for it. It is like selling your girl.
    agreed.