Thread: What will be our visa status on when we will be in interim visa?

Default What will be our visa status on when we will be in interim visa?

Hi Guys,
    Now I am in two years partnership based visa and already applied for residency visa and it’s in under process. My visa will expire at end of June this year. My wife will apply for employer assistant essential skill visa by next month. What will be our visa status on when we will be in interim visa?

What visa is your wife on right now? (This can make a difference.)

I am open work visa and my wife is in closed work permit.

Exactly what visa is your wife on? Is the present one an Essential Skills visa also?

Hi, she is now 2 years employers’ assistance work visa after one year’s open job search through study. She is going to apply for Essential Skill Visa under the same employer soon.

Looking at this INZ page https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...isa-conditions, I think that you should be due to have interim visas that allows you to continue to work (as your wife is going from employment specific to employment specific, and you are going from open work to open work). My only slight doubt is that your wife is applying for a different kind of employment specific work visa from the one that she was on before, but that chart doesn't mention that that makes any difference. To be absolutely certain, check with INZ.

Thanks JandM, for your reply.