Thread: Moving back to Auckland from Welly

Default Moving back to Auckland from Welly

Hi everyone! Just got a job offer from one of the hospitals in Auckland. However, my dilemma is that: my residency have just been recently approved. Any thoughts about this?

There are things that need to be taken into consideration before trying to give you a correct answer to this.

Has the visa label been put in your passport yet?

Did your application for residence include any points for having skilled work outside Auckland?

Hi Jand.. yes, the visa label has been in placed already. I also claimed points for having a skilled work outside auckland. Would that affect? There is no conditions in my visa though.

As there are no conditions on your visa, am I right that you had already worked in your skilled job outside Auckland for more than three months when you applied for residence?

Yes JandM. So, do you reckon that it will be alrighr to move back up there?

In that case, you are clear to take any job, skilled or not, anywhere in the country. You have the right to start a business, or to be a student at domestic rates (though you would not be entitled to a government student loan till you had been a resident for three years), or to do nothing if you were rich enough to support yourself.

Remember the requirements for applying for PR, which you will be able to do any time from two years after being granted residence. See here, and click the hyperlink in the PR section for the conditions. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...anent-resident