Thread: Partnership evidence question

Default Partnership evidence question

Hi there,

My partner is applying for a partnership resident visa and we are in the process of collecting evidence right now. While I am looking at our chats, there is an occasional (maybe a word or two here and there) usage of Hindi words even though the conversations are otherwise in English. For instance, we end up saying "Haan" for "Yes" sometimes, but I am not sure if such things merits a full fledged official translation. What's the official rule around this, if any?

Thanks!

Nothing is written about this in the regulations. In my opinion, if someone who only knows English would understand the overall meaning of your messages, there is no need for a translation, but if there is enough Hindi in some message that is important to your case that that same reader would struggle to know what is going on, then you would have to get it translated.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Nothing is written about this in the regulations. In my opinion, if someone who only knows English would understand the overall meaning of your messages, there is no need for a translation, but if there is enough Hindi in some message that is important to your case that that same reader would struggle to know what is going on, then you would have to get it translated.
    and in my view, INZ arent so much interested in the content of any chats, (other than its about personal things), rather the fact the communications is happening on a regular basis.

I submitted all our chats 'as is' and there is 90% in Russian. INZ asks for proof of regular communications, I don't think they need to understand what it is about.
    I didn't even think about getting them translated as there were more than 400 pages from FB + 150 Skype at that moment (with font size 10).

I only printed out every 10th page, not whole chats. In my cover letter, I said that I'd be happy to email all 550 pages if required. It was in October. Noone asked me for a translation so far.

Thank you so much, everyone. That was very helpful!