Thread: Partnership based residency

Default Partnership based residency

Hi, so last year I was writing on here about applying for my partnership based work visa. After a lot of too and froing with immigration firstly about my drink driving conviction (almost 2 years ago now) and wether I was Bona Fide I finally got my work visa for a year in December. My partner (Kiwi) and I will have been living together for a year in June and will be going for my partnership based residence visa. I just wanted to know with a DIC against my name will that affect my visa application for residency - I'm just wondering as I was granted my work visa - it is only for a year as my partner and I had only been together a short time at application.

Thanks for any help

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsm....htm?35052.htm A5.25 h will apply, so you are going to be told to apply for a character waiver. I see your posts about your previous application here https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...ht=#post567825 - it's likely to be the same again from that point of view. On the other hand, the bona fide issue shouldn't crop up, since INZ previously accepted this relationship as genuine and granted you the partner-sponsored work visa.

It's also wise to approach the character waiver as it if were the first time you were requesting one - even though your conviction was assessed and considered in a previous application, this will be a completely new and separate application so you will need to go through the whole process again - including the details of how you came to be convicted.