Thread: Application from a NZ resident for Permanent Residence Question

Question Application from a NZ resident for Permanent Residence Question

Hi All!

Its been near 3 years since i last posted here regarding my husbands residence under partnership !! Time flies!

We have now applied for his PR to the Queen St branch in Auckland on Monday morning (09/04/2018)

It says it takes up to 10 working days to be completed but the fee for $190 is yet to come from our account, this indicates that no one has picked it up yet and it says when i call immigration nz that it may take up to 2 months for someone to look at the application!

This is a little bit of a problem as we will be going on holiday at the end of the next month and was unaware of a backlog timeframe.

Has anyone submitted recently for PR to immigration NZ in auckland and how long did it take for someone to pick up your application and take the fee from your acocunt ?

Dont want to have to change the dates of our holiday back to Morocco.

We recently applied for PRV and at the same time had to travel within 3 weeks of when we sent the application. Prior to that, I called INZ to ask if the PRV application can be finalised within 3 weeks (to have our passport back) and they told me to write a cover letter explaining why we want the PRV application to be expedited along with any proof to back up our reasoning (in this case, our flight tickets).

We sent the PRV application along with a cover letter + copies of flight tickets and the $190 was deducted after 1 day INZ office received our application.

Awesome thanks Ashishkb

Funny enough we have just gotten an email today from INZ to confirm it is being processed haha!

They must have known i was wondering how far along it is :P

thanks!