Thread: Essential Skill Work Visa about to Expire

Default Essential Skill Work Visa about to Expire

Hi Guys,
    I have a question regarding my current visa status. Hope someone can help me.
    I am currently holding an Essential Skill Work Visa which will expire on the 01/03/2019, so less than 11 months left.
    I am trying in all the ways to apply for residence but i cannot reach 160 points due to some problems with my Diploma.
    My only option to remain in Nz is to apply for another Work Visa.
    Can i apply for a Work Visa before my current Essential skill visa expire? I am scared that by the time i have to re apply for the work visa the Immigration will change the law again, and make it more difficult for me.

Thanks for reading
    Ciao

It doesn't really seem worth it to try to apply for a visa 11 months before your visa expires out of fear of a change that is unlikely to happen. There is no indication they are currently focused on this category of visa given the last major changes were to this category, the latest information suggests they are working on family category instruction changes (Partnership, Parent etc) (Source https://fyi.org.nz/request/7311/resp...718%201036.pdf ) .

The worst that will likely happen is that the wage rate for essential skills goes up a little bit more.

If it's say 2-3 months from expiry that's when you would probably want to look to apply for another Essential skills visa.

Thanks NZs.
    I am a bit anxious with Immigration nz!

I agree with Nzs.