Thread: Tax info from Home country requested

Default Tax info from Home country requested

Hello

I'm asking on behalf of a Friend.

He has applied for a work visa for Wall and Floor tiler in Christchurch, he applied under the CSSL as he has about 14 years experience and has over 2 years experience in NZ.
    He sent a letter from a client from his home country in order to prove his experience (the same letter that was sent when he got his current visa), however, this time around INZ have requested for him to send through his tax records from his home country. Unfortunately, that is not going to be possible as, like the majority of people there, he only worked on cash jobs, so he doesn't have any tax records to prove his experience.

He has been given an alternative, which is for his employer to prove that there were no NZers suitable for the role, which could be an option, but I'm unsure if INZ would be willing to hold his application for that long.

Any thoughts? is he better off withdrawing his application now and applying further to the expiry of his visa where he would have 3 years of experience in NZ which is proven with IRD records? is there any way to bypass sending the tax records? is it wise to say that most people work as cash jobs in his home country? or should he push for getting an extension in time from INZ in order to wait for new advertising to be done by his employer?

I look forward to your responses.

Regards

Can anybody help? Has anybody told INZ that they worked cash-in-hand in their own country, so can't show tax records?