Thread: SMC - ITA - if I need to do medical examination once again

Default SMC - ITA - if I need to do medical examination once again

Hello Everyone,

I have a quick question. I am a work visa holder and now in the middle of ITA process. I sent all my documents on last Saturday. I have my medical examination done, last year in March.Will I or someone from my family need to do it once again during current process? My last medical certification comes with E-Medical associated country and was accepted without any issues. According info on immigration website there is no need to do it once again. How is the practical side and your experience?

Many thanks in advance?

Quote Originally Posted by piotrek71207 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I have a quick question. I am a work visa holder and now in the middle of ITA process. I sent all my documents on last Saturday. I have my medical examination done, last year in March.Will I or someone from my family need to do it once again during current process? My last medical certification comes with E-Medical associated country and was accepted without any issues. According info on immigration website there is no need to do it once again. How is the practical side and your experience?

Many thanks in advance?
    medicals are generally valid for 36 months once lodged with an application

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    medicals are generally valid for 36 months once lodged with an application
    As far as I know you are right but I have read recently a lot of examples that INZ demands to do it once again during SMC process. Has someone had some recent experiences?

INZ normally only require a further medical certificate sooner than the 36 months if they have some reason to think that the applicant's health has changed, or has been at further risk (e.g. by visiting another country where serious disease is endemic) since the earlier medical. Perhaps the people you have heard about have been in one of those situations.

Or perhaps you're getting the sort of dig that many visa applicants do. It seems it is human nature for some people to tell anyone doing something out of the ordinary, or enviable (like being in a position to go for residence), about all the worst case scenarios that can possibly arise, often adding, "That's what happened to my workmate/my cousin/my neighbour." It's as if they don't like to see somebody with a shiny hope they haven't got themselves, so they give them a twist of extra anxiety. This behaviour has been seen from people's family and friends, even, and is very widespread on some online forums.