Thread: Culturally Arranged Marriage Visitor Visa

Default Culturally Arranged Marriage Visitor Visa

Hi Guys,

I had some doubts on the Culturally Arranged Marriage applications
    I tried searching for threads on this topic on the forum, but the OP never gave an ending to their threads as to what happened or if they even applied.

My to-be wife is about to apply for this visa soon.

Myself ( a NZ resident class visa holder in Auckland )
    Wife ( will apply from India )

My questions were about the below points:

• documents indicating that the arrangement or ceremony is publicly recognized ( will this work? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrang...rriage_process )
    • confirmation from a independent source that the arrangement or ceremony is part of the couple’s cultural customs ( as JandM mentioned in another thread, will try to get a letter from a religious leader ... but who should do this me or the applicant, I mean this letter from the leader is to be from NZ or India? )
    • a written account of how the marriage was arranged ( again.. who shall write this account ? and should this be like a timeline format or a story like one )

I will keep this thread updated throughout the process and hopefully it guides others too in the future.

Thanks
    Last edited by 5310sa; 22nd April 2018 at 11:07 PM.

- See V3.35.1 c here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsm....htm?46505.htm Although the Wikipedia link is explaining the custom, I don't think it will do the job for INZ, as they will need something more specific about the ceremony you will be going through. I suggest you ask the celebrant from your religious community, who probably knows, or will know where to find out, what documentation previous couples marrying in their tradition in NZ, with one partner about to arrive from India, have provided to satisfy the authorities. My guess is that it will explain that such a ceremony, within your specific Indian background and culture, is binding, and respectably links the two people as life partners. I have now just found this link http://www.madaan.com/marriage.html which refers to the different marriage arrangements for those of various religions, so I expect the documentation will need to state which tradition is being used. But as I said before, the celebrant you are making arrangements with should be able to advise you here.

- Someone in NZ or in India? I would try to get someone from New Zealand. For one thing, such a leader is likely to write NZ English (and I know that many people in India speak English, but differences are sometimes noticeable, and you don't want to risk misunderstandings, or involve the expense of translation if the Indian authority only wrote in their own language), and for another, he will perhaps be already known to INZ as a public figure within your community, which will help with recognition of his evidence.

- As at the INZ link, this seems to need evidence from the person or people who made arrangments for the marriage, such as your and/or your partner's parents, or relatives, or a matchmaker, stating in date order the steps undertaken, and/but they are free to give more detail if they wish.

I'm sorry you didn't find more detail on the forum to help you. As you discovered yourself, nobody has come back to tell us how things went, so what I've said is only based on reading the INZ regulations. It will be much appreciated if you let everyone know what happens as you research the process. Good luck.

Three years back One of my friend sponsored the same visa to his Girl Friend and she was able to get the visa in about 2 months. They are happily married now
    I'll try to answer what I know about their Visa process, which may or may not be valid for today as well.

1 > Documents indicating that the arrangement or ceremony is publicly recognized
    In Case of court marriage here in NZ, you will have to book a date and time here and the Case officer will need it's confirmation as a proof. In case you are going for typical grand party sort of marriage here then I guess (just guess as my friend did court marriage) confirmation of bookings of party halls or Temple, Letters from few would be attendees and a detailed plan of your marriage

2 > confirmation from a independent source that the arrangement or ceremony is part of the couple’s cultural customs
    I reckon it has to be from New Zealand only

3 > A written account of how the marriage was arranged
    Just a plans story in paragraphs with facts

Some addition info:
    My Friend was asked to provide letters form both side parents to confirm they know about their relation and agree to this marriage

Hi Guys, just keeping the thread alive...

Attached is an affidavit I have prepared, that others can/may use if they feel so for their applications.
    Any feedback or changes to this affidavit are also welcome.

Untitled document-1.jpg

a quick question, in the INZ 1025 Sponsor form, what relation do I put for the applicant in section A1. ( Where the applicant is not a relative/friend/colleague )
    Considering this is an arranged marriage where we met only once? Do I say fiancé ?

Thanks

Fiancee - extra 'e' because she's female.

Hi,

Just wanted to take an update on your situation as of now. Also, could you help with all the docs that you attached so that it would help us fill in some gaps if need be