Thread: Car insurance claims experience?

Unhappy Car insurance claims experience?

Hi,

Has anyone of you made a claim through AMI, I had a car accident and has been a pain since.
    And I've been chasing them for almost 2 weeks now. Apparently they are waiting for the photos from the panel beater.
    And when I rang the panel beater, they said car assessment could take up to 3 weeks and it's because it's just how the industry works and that someone is looking into it.
    I am not really sure if this standard or should I have a better experience than this.

Thanks for the answer

I was insured through CLUBAUTO when I had a twin turbo Subaru a few years ago. I put it into a pole midway though a corner thanks to severe sun strike. It took less than a week to get paid out so I was stoked. I had contents insurance with AMI years ago and they messed me around with a claim and I’ve sworn never to go back to them. I hope like hell you get your claim sorted ASAP, fingers crossed.

@r.nuts We've had a claim with AMI in Dec 2016 and all went smoothly, the collision repairs we went to was very responsive... I guess going to a good and reputable repair shop would make a difference

One of the way to go to panel beater that is recoqnized by AMI insurance is asking AMI itself and ask if they have list of panel beaters that you can go to.
    It should not take more than 3 weeks. I had accidents and just went to my friend who is a panel beater. He took a pic of the damage. He send it to insurance and it was about a week or less then all takes places in order.
    However, my insurance is AA.
    Good luck