Thread: Partnership visa expat Kiwi more info

Default Partnership visa expat Kiwi more info

Received notice today from my CO requesting more info:

Relationship evidence
    Comments from you and your current partner on your previous relationship.
    Comments on relationship between your current partner and your children declared in the application.
    You can provide this information through return email by attaching signed letters but post the original letters as well please to the address below.
    Relationship Chronology
    · Chronology/timeline of your relationship which details (dates and places) how, when and where you met, how your relationship developed, when you began living together via email.

Please note that all documents provided in support of the application must be either the originals or certified copies

I’m not real sure what they want on the first part comments about my previous relationship and children. I’m assuming he referring to my ex wife but not sure what to say. Has anyone had this asked of them? I can do the rest but this one has me wondering. We’ve been divorced 10 years and I’m married to my current wife for 8 years.

Thx

Timeline so far.
    Application mailed from U.S. March 1, 2018
    Application received at immigration March 9, 2018
    Email application was received and charge to CC for pmt April 9th 2018
    Request for more info Apr 24

When I supplied my application I provided a two page cover sheet with details about how we met, the circumstances of our living arrangements and relationship, and our future plans. It was somewhat rambling, to be honest--but I never had any indication from INZ that they doubted our relationship.

As ever, I shan't provide advice, but if I were in your position I would do the same, just write a letter and provide lots of details, "I split with my X on this date, then I met my Kiwi partner through this mutual friend, she knows the friend from work, I know her from tennis club, we spent time together at this location, eventually she moved in, blah, blah..." My assessment was that they are looking for details to prove the relationship is valid.

I get that part but the questions about the relationship between my current spouse and my prev relationship is weird to me

If these two women don't actually know one another, or have hardly ever seen each other, that is all you can tell them. The wording you quote doesn't ask about a relationship between them, but asks for your present partner's comments on your previous partnership. I suppose, for the sake of knowing you have a secure relationship NOW, they want to know that she is not bothered by the fact that you had a previous partner, and how she gets on with your children from that partnership, if she has any contact with them.

Thanks that makes more sense to me I was reading it wrong.