Thread: PPI letter??

Default PPI letter??

hey guys I received a PPI letter for my SMC residency application under the position of Restaurant manager.
    the Case Officer has emphasised on the duties of my owner/General Manager and does not want to give me credit for any of the shared responsibilities.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    Last edited by cyril; 26th April 2018 at 05:43 AM.

The only way to answer this to their satisfaction is to get evidence from the owner, and any other people who may know (e.g. suppliers, clients) that you DO take responsibility for the items they have queried.

Thanks JandM

Hi Cyril,
    I think the issue is that your case officer isn't satisfied that you do the duties to be a General Restaurant Manager.This duties are in the ANZSCO list and some of them can't be shared,but just one person in an establishment can do it,for example hiring and training new staff or pricing a new items on the menu. I think your case officer has to be satisfied that you do most of those duties and not your boss,otherwise you may look like his/her assistant without too much power of decision about the operations in the restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco83 View Post
    Hi Cyril,
    I think the issue is that your case officer isn't satisfied that you do the duties to be a General Restaurant Manager.This duties are in the ANZSCO list and some of them can't be shared,but just one person in an establishment can do it,for example hiring and training new staff or pricing a new items on the menu. I think your case officer has to be satisfied that you do most of those duties and not your boss,otherwise you may look like his/her assistant without too much power of decision about the operations in the restaurant.
    thanks Mate.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril View Post
    hey guys I received a PPI letter for my SMC residency application under the position of Restaurant manager.
    the Case Officer has emphasised on the duties of my owner/General Manager and does not want to give me credit for any of the shared responsibilities.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    Thus is a significant and recurring issue as to how INZ see the role of Restaurant Managers. (particularly in franchises), or where there is another (general ) manger involved .
    You'd be well advised to seek professional advice before responding.

You can view/search the many appeal decision on the subject at https://forms.justice.govt.nz/search/IPT/Residence/

if you don't respond with a robust argument your application WILL de declined.

I agree with Chris, now the category of Restaurant Managers,Chef and Retail Managers is more under observation due to too many people who applied for residence in the past being just assistant or not really skilled. In a restaurant the only manager who can gain residence is the Restaurant General Manager,the one in charge of the whole operations in the establishment.
    I also suggest you to look for advice of a immigration adviser, explain everything to him/her and he/she can tell you the best way to proceed, you have to explain to your CO properly that you are the main manager and your boss doesn't take too many decisions,otherwise they can decline your application.