Thread: Passport not stamped

Default Passport not stamped

Hi All,

We have travelled NZ a few days ago to activate resident visa. After arriving at the hotel, I was just looking all our passport, found that mine and kid passport was stamped, but wife passport was not stamped... However, all our passport were scanned.

On our return, when I asked passport officer about this, she told that it's not mandatory to stamp, as long as passports are scanned that's considered an entry/exit.

I would like to check if anyone has come across like this.

Please advise. Thanks

Did you guys all go through egate?

I never have my passport stamped now,its all done when they scan the passport.Shame as I liked to collect the stamps of all the countries I had been to

ok, thanks.

I would suggest ring INZ to confirm whether the entry record has been captured correctly on their systems. My wife had these similar issues in early 2017 when applying for a Residence To Permanent Resident application in NZ where the INZ records system stated my wife is still out of New Zealand. This happen when our family return on our holiday trip from Australia in 2016 where my wife passport was stamped with entry date but somehow they have missed out by not updating on the systems record which still telling my wife is still out of NZ almost to a year

Luckily, my wife has a stamped entry date on the passport to proof these and her Permanent Resident Visa label was issue with no further questions.

Thanks, I'll check it out.