Thread: Is it OK to send in printed out PDF bills for a residence application?

Default Is it OK to send in printed out PDF bills for a residence application?

What has been everyone's experience of sending in bills printed out from PDFs for a partnership-based residence application? Do NZIS ever refuse them, and ask to see physically mailed copies? Unfortunately we opted for emailed correspondence from most providers when we started living together

We have a lot of other correspondence with both our names on (both printed and PDF), so maybe it wouldn't matter too much? We would also print the bills out in colour if that helps?

Our power company tells us that they can print a years worth of copies of our power bills for us, but they would cost $8 each bill. We are not sure about the other companies.

Yes, a printed PDF of your bills with both your names on it is ok for INZ. INZ doesn't need color copy neither,a black and white copy is enough. The important thing is the name of you and your partner and the address where you live. I think you don't need to send all the invoices,but just some for the time you lived together.For example I sent to INZ 4 power bills for the 3 years me and my wife lived together here in New Zealand,plus other evidences of course.

We sent print-outs of bank statements and were asked to provide certified copies, but others have had success just emailing their CO the PDFs and explaining that they're from an online account.

I sent plain copies of our tenancy agreement, bank statements, and bills with my application. It was OK and the application was accepted.
    However, when at the later stage I was asked for an update of the evidence that we live together, it was emphasized that I need to provide originals. We don't have "current tenancy agreement" as we are on a rolling lease after our fixed-term expired. And Poweshop doesn't provide any bills apart from sending pdf. My CO said that she knows abput Powershop and would be OK with printouts and she accepted a leter from our property manager stating that we both have been living at the same property for more that 2 years.

So my guess would be that sending printouts would be OK unless you are asked for certified copies or originals.