Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long til the visa application gets accepted for processing?

Default How long til the visa application gets accepted for processing?

Hi all

My wife's visa will expire on 6 May (partnership work visa). I am right now waiting for a decision on my residency with her included in the application. It is impossible now that we've got the resident before her visa runs out.

We just applied for another partnership work visa last Thursday (26 April). That was the day we posted the application. Usually how long would it take for the application to be accepted for processing and interim visa being granted? Would it be the day they receive the application in their mail? I'm getting quite anxious now that we still haven't got the interim in the mailbox.......

Guess it's worth giving INZ a call if no good news in the mailbox today....

Thanks

I lodged mine last 26 of April too. And they havent lodged it yet ( no.working visa application in my online account. Im still waiting. Hve u called them todsy?

I did call them. They were saying they are right now 'opening' applications picked up on 26 April. Mine actually was delivered a day later (27 April). So if things are progressing as it is.... it should be 'looked' at tomorrow hopefully.

Did you do it online or was that the date you dropped off/posted your app?

My husband dropped it off! Also, i just found out yesteday that u can now apply partnership resident visa via online .

You might wanna check it now.. just saw now that they have lodged my.application

Good on you :-)

The application you dropped off on 26 April, was that a work visa based on partnership?

Even though you sent in the paper application, would it also appear on your immigration online account for you to check its status and so on??

Thanks

Definetly! U have to call them if you want to access it online. Also, there s an option for you to fill in the form if you want to access it online. Have you ticked it? Yes. It was parynership working visa.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...ication-status

It gives very basic status these days - no details.

Thanks guys. Wish they could have allowed a complete online application just like other work visa streams.

What I am concerned the most now is whether or not the application will be accepted for processing in time (reads: by Friday). Will just keep bugging the call centre on that. Nothing much can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by emktx View Post
    Thanks guys. Wish they could have allowed a complete online application just like other work visa streams.

What I am concerned the most now is whether or not the application will be accepted for processing in time (reads: by Friday). Will just keep bugging the call centre on that. Nothing much can be done.
    Once its lodged, then you dont need to worry. Im pretty sure yours was lodged already as we submitted the application the same time ������ ask them for your online account so u can always check it . Cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast