Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Job offer?

If I were you, I would contact the case officer and tell them what’s happening I think EGoodhue has a list of phone numbers so you don’t get stuck in the call center. Maybe if you can get an updated estimate for when processing will be done, the employer will consider waiting for you a bit longer? Otherwise, I think you need to start over with a new job offer :-( Are you using an immigration advisor?

Thanks for the response. I did the application myself

I guess the best option is to talk to the immigration officer and she's only back in office on 10th of June

I still can't get the option to PM, coz i wanted t reach out EGoodhue, i have 10 posts now. Any idea how to PM

There are two main ways to PM.

1. Click on someone's username over one of their posts, and a drop-down box will appear, with the options View Profile, View Forum Posts, and Private Message. Click on Private Message, and a new screen opens with the form for giving the message a title, who it is to go to, and space for what you want to say.

2. Look at the blue bar near the top of any forum page, and second from the left, just below the big ENZ in the corner, you will see Private Messages. Click there and it takes you to your Inbox. Look at the left and you will see a box headed My Messages. Click on Send New Message, and the message form will open.

If you do either of those things what happens? - that is, if it doesn't show you a message form as described.

Thanks a lot will do that

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    It's rare, unless the person has a niche skill which the NZ employer can't readily find onshore. Sorry. It's general, and nothing personal.

Here's an old post which may shed some light. https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...952#post359952 Also, the whole NZ culture is for employers to like to shake someone's hand and sum them up in person.
    Yup. Would second that. I work for a large tech company (US Based with offices in NZ). The head of APAC HR said that they rarely even hire from overseas, let alone search overseas. Typically they source from the local city first, then country and then Oz. After that they go to a contractor (QualIT, Sourced. etc) and lastly - if the position is of high enough importance - they will engage an internationally focused but NZ based recruiter. Otherwise - they just wait and try again in 6 months.

Best thing I did was book some interviews once we landed on our recce trip. That effort directly led to my job offer 9 months later. Not guaranteed but it helps your chances and also gives you the opportunity to size them up as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mahollow View Post
    Yup. Would second that. I work for a large tech company (US Based with offices in NZ). The head of APAC HR said that they rarely even hire from overseas, let alone search overseas. Typically they source from the local city first, then country and then Oz. After that they go to a contractor (QualIT, Sourced. etc) and lastly - if the position is of high enough importance - they will engage an internationally focused but NZ based recruiter. Otherwise - they just wait and try again in 6 months.

Best thing I did was book some interviews once we landed on our recce trip. That effort directly led to my job offer 9 months later. Not guaranteed but it helps your chances and also gives you the opportunity to size them up as well.
    Thanks for this insight, I wasn't really sure what the general trend was regarding overseas recruitment.

We went with the reccie trip option, and managed to meet the right employer in more of a social situation. Kiwis like that. My husband does have a ton of Silicon Valley programming/management experience in a number of different areas, so being highly skilled was still a big part of the equation. Luck played a role, too - right place, right time. If you can afford a reccie trip though, at a minimum you get to see the country a bit more :-) It's way more fun if you can bring family for the ride.

Recently at school we noticed the kids were supposed to define family. One of our daughters put that family is "a group of people that travel across the world to visit." I guess all our time on the road left an impression! Or maybe it's because we've already had their cousins visit us in NZ. Either way, I'm glad we decided to homeschool for awhile to make time for the reccie.

One of our daughters put that family is "a group of people that travel across the world to visit."
    That's a lovely view to have gathered. It takes account of "family of the heart", who are no blood-relation, but matter just as much.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    That's a lovely view to have gathered. It takes account of "family of the heart", who are no blood-relation, but matter just as much.
    Yes, absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by debbieM View Post
    Has anyone out there received a job offer offshore without a visa...my OHs job is on the Skills Shortage List and Skilled Migrants list...but without a job offer he is just short of the 160 points required to be pulled from the EOI pool.

Thanks for any input in advance.

Hi there,

I got a job offer offshore without a visa, three years ago... Can be rare, but not impossible!

The company waited for my work visa to be approved, and today I have a PR and I working in the same company!

anything is possible...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast