Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Job offer?

Default Job offer?

Has anyone out there received a job offer offshore without a visa...my OHs job is on the Skills Shortage List and Skilled Migrants list...but without a job offer he is just short of the 160 points required to be pulled from the EOI pool.

Thanks for any input in advance.

It's rare, unless the person has a niche skill which the NZ employer can't readily find onshore. Sorry. It's general, and nothing personal.

Here's an old post which may shed some light. https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...952#post359952 Also, the whole NZ culture is for employers to like to shake someone's hand and sum them up in person.

Thankyou JandM...Yes we are considering a long holiday with some interviews set up if we can...its an option, and as other options are running out, it may be something we do after summer...

Please note: my understanding is that if you already have interviews scheduled, the purpose of your trip must be declared as business, not holiday. I don't think a family can travel together for an extended business trip as this looks like potential for overstaying. This is why we came here on a 6-month visit with no interviews scheduled, so the family could travel together for a holiday. You can set up interviews once you're here...although I realize this is risky. Or, the person being interviewed can come alone on a business trip instead.

This faq doesn't specifically mention bringing your family with you for a job interview trip, but I thought I saw somewhere that it would look like you all intend to overstay. Even traveling to NZ once you have a job offer, but before your work visa is finished processing, looks bad.
    http://kb.immigration.govt.nz/item/1135

No worries...we are UK citizens...

It can happen but is not the norm. We were able to do this but my skill set is very niche. Employer wasn’t looking at overseas candidates but I ticked all their boxes. Don’t give up hope but know it’s not common.

Default Lost Job offer

I have just lost my job offer and i am at the last stages of my application. What do i do.

My case has been for medical opinion and had written a statement requesting medical waiver.

Im really lost, any help. It's talent accredited employer visa. Please help if there r options

Oh no!! Did the employer get tired of waiting for the visa to process?

Yes, they got tired of waiting. So im really confused, i guess this is the end of my whole visa processing. Was wondering if there ate any options

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast