Thread: Irresponsibility or Discrimination

Default Irresponsibility or Discrimination

Dear All,

When I decided to make a move to New Zealand I started exploring this forum as unregistered user. I seen joys, happiness, sad moments which reminded me the day when I would experience the same but i never thought about the feeling of being shocked. I have a family with 2 kids and I know how much intense time we have been through during all this immigration process which took more than a year.

I lodged my residence application on May 2017 in London Branch but later it transferred to Auckland where new CO assigned. It all happened after the elections. Bad luck! I was knew at that time that they would offer me JSV and it did happen.

December 2017, I got JSV invitation and instructions to apply within 3 months. So I did same and posted my application on in Feb 2018 and also emailed her scans.
    The very next day, I got reply that she has approved my JSV and Dubai Branch will issue visa soon. At the same time, I checked my online account and the work visa showed up along with the pending status and blank expiry date travel neither CO mentioned any expiry date in her email.

During March 2018 I informed that my visa status is still pending which she replied that it takes few weeks so contact me back if you don't hear from them within 3 weeks. I couldn't follow up after that due to busy routine.

Lately, I got know that expiry date travel starts from date of lodgement which is 23rd Feb 2018.
    I immediately contacted to CO and got the same reply that she has informed Dubai Branch and if I don't hear from them within a week then contact me (Seriously? Is it my duty to inform again and again? You have my case... You have approved it now you have to make sure that I get my passport back within appropriate time)
    I even highlighted my concern to CO that she was supposed to mention expiry date travel date in her approval email. She completely ignored it.

Now as per confirmation from INZ helpline my last date of entry will be 23rd May 2018 and by the date of 2nd May 2018 my passport couldn't stamp yet. I would like to mention that passport also has to travel back to my home country after stamping. I don't know why it took so long.

23rd Feb 2018 to 2nd May 2018 Passport couldn't stamp. We could call it irresponsibility or discrimination? Normally people get their passport back within appropriate time with full 3 months left to enter.

I would like to know what are my chances of success if I appeal in IPT. My JSV would ultimately be rejected if I don't get passport until 23rd May 2018 and obviously my residence application too. I am more keen to appeal IPT because now I am not even satisfied with her decision of JSV and the way she handled my case.

i would really appreciate if you could provide me some suggestions.

Thanks!
    Last edited by rev0lutionpk; 2nd May 2018 at 10:56 PM.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/contact/complaints Use the "feedback" i.e. complaints procedure. This will get a manager looking at your case.

Sounds like you have been treated really unfairly! IPT will only hear appeals if your application has been declined. As you haven't yet been declined, you're best to go through the INZ Complaints and Feedback process, as JandM has mentioned above. There is a team in Wellington dedicated to receiving such complaints and referring them on to the relevant Manager to investigate. Unfortunately, this process takes up to 5 weeks, so you may need to indicate that your situation is very urgent when you lodge a complaint via the online system. There is a word limit for how many words you can submit via the online Complaints and Feedback system, but you can attach PDF documents so feel free to write a letter outlining your situation and attach it as a PDF as well.