Thread: Work Visa (Accredit Employer) Processing Time

Default Work Visa (Accredit Employer) Processing Time

Hi ENZ

This is my first post here
    Currently, I have a work visa and it belongs to my current employer name.
    I got another job and have applied for the work visa (Accredit Employer).
    It is lodged on 23 April, and my new employment start date is 14 May.

Gave a call to INZ and informed that still, my application is in the queue to assign it to a case officer.
    Any idea how long it will take to assign to the case officer and to grant the visa?

Thanks

Hello and welcome.

There is no way to tell how long it will take. INZ worked all their cases by managed date-order queues, for fairness to everyone. So your case will be assigned to a CO in its turn, after the others who were placed in the queue earlier.

Be aware that, unless your new visa has come through by 14th May, you would be breaking the law if you did any work for your new employer, and he would be breaking the law by allowing you to, or expecting you to. You MUST wait for the visa.

When a CO starts working on your case, one good thing for quick timing is that you and your new employer are already known to INZ. Good luck.

Thanks JandM.
    My last day of employment is 18 May.
    If my new visa granted before 18 May, I can get a leave and join to the new company.
    Otherwise I ll get interim visa and will wait until the case officer decision.

My work visa lodged on 23 April and employment start date was 14 May.
    Online status is pending, and it is on second person check stage!
    Is it normal for the work visa to go to the second person? And how long it will take normally?
    A bit frustrated because i don't know what should I say to my employer.

EVERY visa application gets second-person checked - it is looked over for errors, and to guard against the possibility of corruption.

There is no "normal" timing, but it's any queue for the 2pc's attention that will take up most of the waiting, and the actual check is usually very straightforward.

You can only tell your employer what INZ have told you. This is a very ordinary situation, and the accredited employer will know that you, and he, can only wait until INZ have done the necessary. Both of you would be breaking the law if you started before you get your visa. He has said when he would LIKE to have you start, and INZ are doing their best, but having you legally covered by a visa takes precedence over his and your convenience.