Thread: Residency Application: Immigration Manager requesting info from employer

Default Residency Application: Immigration Manager requesting info from employer

Hi everyone,

My case was being assessed by the case officer. I supplied IRD statement, payslips and employment contract.

My colleagues too had submitted residency application.

All of a sudden, I was advised that the Immigration Manager (not the case officer) is asking for more data from the employer about the whole group who had applied for residency.

Does this mean, this is a second person check? What is the usual timeframe in such cases to know the outcome?

Thanks in advance!

No, that won't be a Second Person Check (2PC). A 2PC doesn't involve asking for more information from an employer or client. It looks as though INZ are trying to ensure consistency with their decisions - but unfortunately this does not guarantee that your application will be approved.

If an Immigration Manager is doing this it is likely they are taking a "lead" to ensure that there is a consistent approach to all the applications, particularly if there are a lot of them. There is also a possibility that your HR department wanted to talk to a higher authority and this manager was the one who took charge of that.

In no way does it mean it's a positive or a negative outcome, it just means that it's likely everyone who holds the same position in your company will get the same outcome.