Thread: Residency application: English test results needed despite completing PG from NZ?

Default Residency application: English test results needed despite completing PG from NZ?

Hello everyone,

My wife had completed her PG but since convocation ceremony was pending at the time of submitting the residency application, we included an official letter from the institute that stated she was successful in the level 8 course. Later, post convocation, I forgot to update the CO that the PG certificate was granted by the institute.

When I followed up with the CO to know of any updates, I was advised that they weren't able to verify her english test results and that she needs to apply for a test asap. Until then, my application will not be processed.

Since my wife has managed to complete her level 8 studies successfully from NZ, can I let the case officer know of this? I am confused as to why they insist on english test when I had clearly included a letter from the institute?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Famed; 9th May 2018 at 07:44 PM.

I think in your place, I would try again, pointing out that she has her qualification and this seems to meet the requirement. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsm...c.htm?6954.htm

This could be a case of the CO following the regulations absolutely, that your wife didn't formally HAVE her certificate at the time of application, or on the other hand, it could be a busy person looking over the case, not seeing evidence in the form they are expecting, and thinking, 'English result? - no English result,' and sending out a form email.

Yes, definitely push the point that she meets SM4.5(c)(iii) - unfortunately sometimes you have to point out the absolutely obvious things to some case officers

Thanks a lot JandM and Goodhue

I was advised that they will be deciding on my application before they asked for the english test results. I have responded to them providing link to the test results and soft copy of level 8 certificate.

Is this a positive sign if they haven't asked me anything else but trying to verify test results? How much time do they usually take? Anyone experienced something similar?
    Last edited by Famed; 10th May 2018 at 09:05 PM.

You can't read anything into this, no. And sorry, there is no 'usual' anything - every case is individual, and every point has to be verified, so timing is unpredictable.