Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Applying Permanent Resident with Partner

Default Applying Permanent Resident with Partner

Me and my partner holding RV 2 years soon.

In order to submit for PRV, do we need to submit 2 INZ1175 forms and 2 fees? Or 1 application 1 fee will do for both of us?

I'm planning to travel out of NZ for short while a week after the visa expired. Will it be enough time for me to get back my passport?

Thanks.

Was one of you the main applicant, and one the secondary applicant, on the same application for residence? Or did each of you apply for residence separately?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Was one of you the main applicant, and one the secondary applicant, on the same application for residence? Or did each of you apply for residence separately?
    Yes, we are on the same application for residency. I was the main applicant and she is the partner in my SMC

In that case, you only need to make ONE application. You, the main applicant, have 'earnt' PR for both of you.

Your passport is very unlikely to come back THAT quickly. Some people's do, but it is rare, so it is better to allow a month or so. (For the change to PR, the same situation arises as for all the previous visas, that applications are dealt with from managed date-order queues, and there is no way to predict how many cases will be in the queue already when yours arrives.)

In that case, you only need to make ONE application. You, the main applicant, have 'earnt' PR for both of you.

Your passport is very unlikely to come back THAT quickly. Some people's do, but it is rare, so it is better to allow a month or so. (For the change to PR, the same situation arises as for all the previous visas, that applications are dealt with from managed date-order queues, and there is no way to predict how many cases will be in the queue already when yours arrives.)
    I read from other forum, someone did get their PRV on the same day they submit if you able to provide outbound flight ticket within a week time. So not sure I can do the same?

And when was that? I remembering hearing similar stories when I first got interested in INZ matters about ten years ago. Back then, there were many offices with a drop-in facility, so you could hope to do a "while you wait". Since then, there are fewer branches, and hardly any offices (if any by now) where you can meet an official face to face.

INZ is a department of the government. It can't normally be pressured to deal with one case out of order, to suit an individual's convenience.

And when was that? I remembering hearing similar stories when I first got interested in INZ matters about ten years ago. Back then, there were many offices with a drop-in facility, so you could hope to do a "while you wait". Since then, there are fewer branches, and hardly any offices (if any by now) where you can meet an official face to face.

INZ is a department of the government. It can't normally be pressured to deal with one case out of order, to suit an individual's convenience.
    Thanks JandM, i decided to postpone my travel date to next month just to make sure everything run smooth

I have a question when filling up the form INZ 1175,

I obtain my resident visa without job offer which mean i'm not subject to condition 49.

Question D2, If your visa is subject to conditions, have you met these conditions? Yes / No / Not applicable
    N/A will be the answer i will tick.

for Question @ part B page 11, Have you met any conditions imposed under
    section 49(1) of the Immigration Act 2009? Yes / No
    the answer given limited to Yes / No, so should I select YES?

1 more question from Character declaration, convicted of an offence (including a traffic offence), committed within the last five years,
    involving dangerous driving, including drunk driving (driving with a blood or breath alcohol
    content in excess of a specified limit) or driving having consumed drugs? Yes / No

I had a ticket for speeding over 10km and driving on bus lane. So is it consider traffic offence? So I should tick YES ; or those 2 are just traffic infringement and I tick No

Thanks in advanced

Quote Originally Posted by dom85 View Post
    Thanks JandM, i decided to postpone my travel date to next month just to make sure everything run smooth

I have a question when filling up the form INZ 1175,

I obtain my resident visa without job offer which mean i'm not subject to condition 49.

Question D2, If your visa is subject to conditions, have you met these conditions? Yes / No / Not applicable
    N/A will be the answer i will tick.

for Question @ part B page 11, Have you met any conditions imposed under
    section 49(1) of the Immigration Act 2009? Yes / No
    the answer given limited to Yes / No, so should I select YES?

1 more question from Character declaration, convicted of an offence (including a traffic offence), committed within the last five years,
    involving dangerous driving, including drunk driving (driving with a blood or breath alcohol
    content in excess of a specified limit) or driving having consumed drugs? Yes / No

I had a ticket for speeding over 10km and driving on bus lane. So is it consider traffic offence? So I should tick YES ; or those 2 are just traffic infringement and I tick No

Thanks in advanced
    Just to add on top of it, the offense for driving on bus lane, issued a court fine of extra 30 dollars due to did not pay on time (I've moved out of the address that registered with NZTA) as I didn't received the fine notice until 6 months later MOJ collection department called. I paid it the next day.

N/A - Yes - No, but attach details of the infringements. That's what I would do.

N/A - Yes - No, but attach details of the infringements. That's what I would do.
    The traffic infringements having court fine is still alright? the question below should I tick No as well? Sorry for asking too much cause i'm confused.

charged with, convicted of or investigated for any offences committed (including traffic or
    driving offences) since being granted New Zealand residence, or while on a temporary visa
    or when unlawfully in New Zealand? YES / NO

You suggest that I send a copy of all my infringements together with the application?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast