Thread: Police Certificate for Permanent Residence Visa

Question Police Certificate for Permanent Residence Visa

Hi,

I am the principal applicant; and my wife and kids were secondary or dependent applicants when I applied for a Resident Visa nearly two years ago. I have been in New Zealand for nearly four years now, and have not left the country since I arrived in 2014. In a few months' time, I intend to apply for Permanent Resident visa for me and my whole family, since I would have been a Resident for two straight years.

My questions are:

1. What Police Certificate should I provide to INZ - should it be coming from NZ Police, or from my home country (Philippines)?

2. Do each of us - my wife and kids included - need to provide separate Police Certificates, or just me (as Principal Applicant)?

3. I surmise that I only need to have one application (INZ 1175) and pay one fee (NZ$ 190) for me, my wife and kids - am I right?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers
    Oli

INZ site says, when you have applied for PRV, INZ will notify you if you need to submit PC.

And in most cases, particularly if INZ can see from their computer that you haven't been out of the country, no further police certificate is necessary.

And yes, it's just one fee for the whole family.

Thank you, farfaraway and JandM

to be precise, you can see here:

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...LA&applying=no

Then click on Character:
    Then see on the right hand side , this text " If you need to provide a Police Certificate, we’ll let you know."