Thread: SMC Resident Visa - IELTS Requirement for partner

Default SMC Resident Visa - IELTS Requirement for partner

Hi, My partner needs to have IELTS band 5 or we have to pre purchase ESOL tuition. I want to submit EOI but my wife's IELTS date is 30-June-2018. In EOI form, there is question regarding English Language ability of partner. I also read that our visa can be rejected if we cannot provide evidence of what was claimed in EOI. My question is:

1- If I select IELTS band 5 for my wife's English language ability in EOI submission and after her exam on 30-Jun-18 she does not get 5 Band. When INZ would ask for the IELTS report, can I say at that time that my wife does not have IELTS band 5 and I shall pre purchase ESOL tuition??

2- 2nd option on the safer side, I don't select IELTS band 5 for my wife in EOI submission and I shall mention that we would purchase ESOL tuition. Later, if my wife gets 5 bands, would I still need to pre purchase ESOL tuition as I wrote so in my EOI submission?? or INZ will accept IELTS band 5 regardless of what I had written in EOI application.

Please advise, which option should I go for.

Regards,
    Farooq

You should tick 2nd option if your wife is not claiming any points. Your wife can still submit the IELTS results later.

Yes. NEVER claim anything in advance on an INZ form. It is a legal document, and by submitting it, you are affirming that everything on it IS true. Something somebody hasn't done yet is NOT true, and the claim can be regarded as fraud.

Thanks larrykiwi!!!

Thanks JandM...so are you also on the same page with larrykiwi that my wife can submit the IELTS result later and that will be acceptable to INZ? or should I wait for my wife's result and then submit EOI, in that case I shall lose around 1 month which I dont want to..

It's fine to put in your EOI saying you will pay for ESOL. It's built into the system that anyone can update their information as their situation changes, so if your wife gets the required result, you just inform INZ.

thanks!!!