Thread: Parents general category visitor visa extension - chest X ray - parent had Angioplasty in 2012

Default Parents general category visitor visa extension - chest X ray - parent had Angioplasty in 2012

Dear everyone,

My parents need to extend their visitor visa. Currently in NZ, and hold visa for 6 months. It is their first ever visit in NZ.

Current visa is valid till August 17th 2018. and need to extend it for 3 months, that is they want to stay till November 17th 2018.

I know that, parents need to submit a chest x ray as part of the extension.

I will purchase medical insurance for them for 3 more months.

My questions:

1) Father has his Angioplasty in 2012. So, would this be a problem with visa extension for 3 months on health grounds ?

2) Do I need to submit the flight tickets with the new travel date (November 15th 2018) ?

3) What other documents need to be submitted , and is it done online or paper based ?

4) How long does it takes to get the extension done?

Thank you and I look forward for your replies.
    Last edited by farfaraway; 21st May 2018 at 05:02 PM.

Having had the procedure shouldn't be a problem. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsm....htm?35154.htm

Here's an INZ web page about the procedure of applying. https://www.govt.nz/browse/immigrati...visitors-visa/ Can anybody who has done this extension help with how it went?

Thank you Jandm.
    Looks like INZ is checking mainly for "risk factors for tuberculosis (TB)" using the x ray submitted.

I have taken an appointment for the parents for the x ray for June 15th as the x ray report should be less than 3 months old. I'm planning to apply for extension end of June 2018.

I had applied online for the visitor visa. Today when I checked online, I did not see any option to do an extension, but only to apply for a new visa and then provide the previous application number, and together with a covering letter detailing the reason for extending. I hope this works for now.